Cechk Tihs Otu

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Hhaa, jkeos on yuo!

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
The first and only time I saw it was today, I guess I don't get out much.

J

Jet Set Willy

If you did get out a lot, you probably would have never read this.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Yes, that's why I was using sarcasm. It doesn't show well on the internet, I delcare that everyone must use <sarcasm> code when using sarcasm, to get rid of confusion.

The Hedgehog

HEY KIDS, CHECK THIS SITE OUT! ITS TOTALLY NEW AND NO ONE EVER HEARD OF IT ON THE INTERNET, EVER!11!! CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

J

Jet Set Willy

Anyway, the first/last letters thing is a hoax. If you truly randomise letters, things are much harder to read, for example:

"Ardncciog to a rrhecacseh at Cgaridmde Usrievtiny, it dneso't metatr in waht oerdr the lrteets in a wrod are, the olny inpoertmt tnhig is taht the fsirt and lsat lteetr be at the rghit pcale. The rset can be a ttaol mses and you can sltil raed it wthiutt a pbolrem. Tihs is bscueae the hmaun mnid deos not raed eervy lteetr by iltesf, but the wrod as a wohle."

That isn't even nearly as easy to read as the hoax. This is because the hoax made sure to group combinations of letters which your brain automatically processes.

KidneyKai

I could read that with ease, but i'll take it because i've read Scotchguys 'easier' version beforehand. Try with a completly brand new paragraph and see what happens. :huh:

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Originally posted by Waz@Oct 20 2003, 06:57 PM
Anyway, the first/last letters thing is a hoax. If you truly randomise letters, things are much harder to read, for example:

"Ardncciog to a rrhecacseh at Cgaridmde Usrievtiny, it dneso't metatr in waht oerdr the lrteets in a wrod are, the olny inpoertmt tnhig is taht the fsirt and lsat lteetr be at the rghit pcale. The rset can be a ttaol mses and you can sltil raed it wthiutt a pbolrem. Tihs is bscueae the hmaun mnid deos not raed eervy lteetr by iltesf, but the wrod as a wohle."

That isn't even nearly as easy to read as the hoax. This is because the hoax made sure to group combinations of letters which your brain automatically processes.
I agree. If you randomise the letters with the purpose of making it unreadable then it's not going to be all that easy to comprehend.

J

Jet Set Willy

You'll notice that in that original, hoax passage the important letters are mostly in order. That's why it's so much easier to read.

TGS

The lgenor the wdros, the mroe icprnleoiebmnshe tihs siht gtes.

Highlight the words below if you don't understand.

The longer the words, the more incomprehensible this shit gets.