psp emulators

winse

i was woundering if anyone could help me with finding some emulators that

will run on my psp v2.6 firmware.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You can run homebrew on all firmwares between 1.00 and 2.71 (Except 1.51 and 1.52), 2.8 can run limited homebrew, 2.81 cant run any homebrew.

For your 2.6 you have 3 options -

Upgrade to 2.71 and running homebrew using "Homebrew Enabler for FW 2.71 (Rev C)" which writes a little bit of code to the internal flash chp so you can run homebrew from the XMB.

OR you can use the TIFF loader that a group of people are working on. What it basically is, is a program which which is executed by attempting to view a special crafted TIFF image file on the XMB, this program can then be used to execute other program such as emulators.

Or you can use the "Generic 2.71 downgrader" which can downgrade your psp to any firmware version below and including 2.71. Ideally 1.5 which can run all homebrew that has been created from the XMB. Such as emulators and ISO loaders.

If you decide to downgrade make sure your PSP's motherboard is compatible. If you can see "IC1003" on the inside of the UMD drive then your psp ISNT compatible and any attempt to downgrade will brick/break/knacker your PSP.

Last edited: