PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7: the movie

Zidane
May 5th, 2004, 18:03
comments or questions about the upcoming movie Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

nesman
May 5th, 2004, 23:00
i heard of it back in the summer. is it going to be in english? if not i can settle for subtitles

Lefteris_D
May 5th, 2004, 23:02
I'd rather see it subtitled than dubbed. I just hope it's just as good as "Spirits Within".

belmont
May 6th, 2004, 21:57
I didn't like The Spirits Within.
However FF7 has the perfect character background in order to make a perfect anime movie.
I think that it will be released everywhere due to the game's reputation.

nesman
May 6th, 2004, 23:33
it took me a long time to master the game. i loved FF7.hey anyone got Knights of the Round in that game?

i cant wait for the movie

belmont
May 7th, 2004, 21:34
Knights of the round rule.You can connect it with other materia and be totally unbeatable !!!
FF7 is my favourite game

M.H.A.Q.S.
May 7th, 2004, 22:03
FF7: Advent children is going to be great. I saw some trailers and the DVD version trailer at the official site may enforce you to watch out for this movie.

You can go to ff7ac.net to find the latest news and content. There are other sites too but i like this one.

GHDpro
June 13th, 2004, 22:31
Originally posted by belmont@May 7 2004, 08:34 PM
Knights of the round rule.You can connect it with other materia and be totally unbeatable !!!
FF7 is my favourite game
Like "Mime"... :)
(KotR = 65,000 HP damage, Mime = repeat again)

Guitar Gamer
June 14th, 2004, 06:59
Of course *laughs insanely*

That's exactly how I beat the game. :D Far too easy... but amusing none the less.

As for Advent Children, I'm quite excited. I hope its better then FFSW though - that movie was lacking something... which I can't quite put my finger on (not bad entirely though). But for now I'll sit tight and wait for Summer. :)

Trailers were done nicely I must add.

Zach
June 14th, 2004, 07:11
ignore,

haha

Zidane
July 2nd, 2004, 06:03
with taking information of final fantasy 7 the game there is an extremely high standard of expectation for the movie which is highly hoped by what appears to be many.

if any one could get info on trailers and release dates in japan europe and america
much appreciated,

as to other conversations i respond to responses on this topic,
vincent will be a expected to be a well returning character
aeris is probably the most forgotten or unliked character, personally i dont know why maybe its because competing against tifa's physique, and shall i add, over sized upper half
sephiroth or what is rumored, more expected to be his clones left by hojo
would be the most praised and remembered in the list of returning characters
as for the ultimate game summons- in opinion of course are
bahamut zero terra flare, neo-bahamut giga flare, and odins gunge lance
oh and mister kor is best, wrong its phoenix, mixed to final strike, thats when your near unbeatable. take note it takes all effort and materia to make your characters strong, not a single cheap attack of an overkill stature.
^_^ peace out chibi will

nesman
July 2nd, 2004, 14:18
:lol: Tifa's oversized upper half, lol

demikain
August 12th, 2004, 12:40
I'm looking forward to it. I've seen a picture of Vincent, so it looks like he's in it. He's my favourite character in that game ^_^

Techman
August 12th, 2004, 13:24
Im just gonna keep hoping, that they make FF8 movie.. >_>

Zidane
August 15th, 2004, 01:17
Well undisputedley they would start with FF7 for it is not only the most popular final fantasy game, it is also the most well developed, they should proceed to the other in a mass orgy (not meant sexually) of all final fantasy games in sucsession to create a greater veiwing atmosphere then that of what Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children has already become.

Of course this is only speculation. n.n

fiddlefox
October 11th, 2004, 03:24
to be honest, i've never played FF7, yea, i guess i missed out, can some one give me a run down on what happened?

Splize
October 11th, 2004, 04:03
They blow up something they try to blow up another thing something happenes that jackass kills me....me never plays it again....end of story

Bizzaro-Freak
October 27th, 2004, 21:07
Thre only thing I need to know about this movie is the release date, then I'm happy.

Zidane
November 1st, 2004, 18:58
BTW there is a final fantasy D&D split/combined fan 8-bit cartoon you guys should check out

its on www.nuklearpower.com

(too lazy to link it) :P

TiredBoy
November 11th, 2004, 01:41
I think they're creating Advent Children (as a FF7 sequel, that is) mostly because of its renown (negative or positive, regardless of how you look at it). Asia pretty much had a large FF fanbase while it was still on the NES and SNES, but 7 was the one that really showed the rest of the world how much console RPGs (particulary for the then-new 32-bits) had developed, not so much for its level of development, since that's objective.

Personally, I think the characters look a little like Asian Caucasian wannabes (my apologies to Asians - no offense), but I guess I can live with that.

yugiohmaster
November 17th, 2004, 01:51
ff7 has to be the greatest ff game ever I have it and it rocks extremely I hope the movie is too I beat the game with everiting materias characters chocobos etc. if anybody need help with the game email me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Zidane
December 2nd, 2004, 19:46
Realease date: Christmas 2004

(or all ff fans hope anyways)

The movie has been out for a while now in Japan. In truth I don't much care for an eng-dub but would prefer a subbing or better yet the full Japanese Directors cut. I hate eng-dubs.

Jale
December 2nd, 2004, 20:12
The movie is already here! But is a pirated version :( Maybe I should wait...

hailsamr
December 3rd, 2004, 15:03
I dont know if you realise this but Advent Children is going to be released on the PSP in the form of a UMD disc.

go to:
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfanta...q=final+fantasy (http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/index.html?q=final+fantasy)
for more informtion.

There are a load of screenshots and a couple of videos that can be streamed for free!

Zidane
December 3rd, 2004, 20:24
just wondering, how many times has sephiroth came back, and can he actually die?

Jet Set Willy
December 3rd, 2004, 20:36
lim (1+1/n)^n
n->oo

Jale
December 13th, 2004, 16:06
FF7: Advent Chidren Site (http://adventchildren.net) (a bit late to post this :P )

TiredBoy
December 17th, 2004, 13:37
There are English-subbed trailers out. Not too bad, though I think Cloud looks too Asian given his FF7 concept art. But if you don't mind Japanese-only trailers: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Is it UMD-only? Seeing those UMDs pop out of the PSP really worries me. (UMD Shuriken!!)There are English-subbed trailers out. Not too bad, though I think Cloud looks too Asian given his FF7 concept art.

Is it UMD-only? Seeing those UMDs pop out of the PSP really worries me. (UMD Shuriken!!)

Jet Set Willy
December 17th, 2004, 14:06
Originally posted by Jet Set Willy@Dec 3 2004, 07:36 PM
lim (1+1/n)^n
n->oo
Euler's constant? I don't get it.

I can't remember writing this, and it was only 14 days ago.

Zach
December 17th, 2004, 16:38
See this goes in line with my other post I didn't remember

Someone is fucking with out minds !!!

Jale
December 19th, 2004, 04:09
lim (1+1/n)^n
n->oo
Oh no! no more limits!

Zidane
January 25th, 2005, 20:19
wHY WILL IT NOT COME. Zidane getting very angry

montpics
January 26th, 2005, 11:44
Guess they don't to let the history repeating itself as what happened to The Spririt Within. But what is expected is already expected. :)

Zidane
April 25th, 2005, 19:08
this will definatley not be a FF:SW repeat. I can tell you that much. Besides they did that movie to introduce you to the gaia system. they didn't do a great job but it wasn't bad.

Genome
April 26th, 2005, 15:36
( i wish they would remake FF7 on ps2 before the release of ps3..the origional looks like crap. i want new cinemas and new sprite modeling!!!)

honestly if they made the game cinemmas look more like the new movie i would crap myself. i wouldnt mind it being on ps2 because i cant wait 10 years or more to play it on my ps3 emulator...yes friends i am that cheap.

so uh..is this movie out yet? Us i mean.

montpics
April 27th, 2005, 14:06
( i wish they would remake FF7 on ps2 before the release of ps3..the origional looks like crap. i want new cinemas and new sprite modeling!!!)
Forget it, leave it be as originals and doing such remake will make the whole stories to another one. Furthermore old gamers who played FF7 before won't be bother to play the remake unless the game added some unexpected plots but that won't help much. :rolleyes:

honestly if they made the game cinemmas look more like the new movie i would crap myself. i wouldnt mind it being on ps2 because i cant wait 10 years or more to play it on my ps3 emulator...yes friends i am that cheap.

Recently, most of the RPG/Action games looked like movie alike thanks to the technology and other influence.

so uh..is this movie out yet? Us i mean.
No, still in the works...... :cool:

Genome
April 27th, 2005, 14:39
lol ouch you really chopped that one apart. i never played ps1 when i was younger thats why going back is so hard. but i can see what your saying.. however i have heard from a couple of people that in conjuction with making the movie they are re-mastering the game. oh well who knows.

montpics
April 27th, 2005, 14:55
I think they had prepare themselves for that when/before the movie is out.

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)
US: TBA, JP: TBA
Before Crisis - Final Fantasy VII (Net Action RPG, Mobile)
US: TBA, JP: already released
Final Fantasy VII Snowboarding (Action, Mobile)
US: In Service, JP: TBA

Taken from Gamespot. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/26/news_6123003.html)

Haven't play the game? If so, get it now! I will play it if I have more space on my PC. :)

Genome
April 27th, 2005, 15:01
Haven't play the game? If so, get it now! I will play it if I have more space on my PC.

you mean ff7. i have played that its just hard to stay intrested in it. omg ff snowboarding. thats stupid. it looks like square is going to flood the market with lame ass associtaive marketing. just tagging on any piece of crap to the ffVII name to make a quick buck. oh well though ill problem give them some of my money too.

montpics
April 27th, 2005, 15:12
you mean ff7. i have played that its just hard to stay intrested in it.
Time to level up, and of course patience is the key.

omg ff snowboarding. thats stupid. it looks like square is going to flood the market with lame ass associtaive marketing. just tagging on any piece of crap to the ffVII name to make a quick buck. oh well though ill problem give them some of my money too.
That game is especially made for FF7 fans, nothing else. I wondering if there is another Ehrgeiz type of game again in future. :rolleyes:

Genome
April 27th, 2005, 15:25
i would say that the snowboarding game was more for fans who join after the movie becomes ungodly popular (which it will). i like the game but i dont ever plan on buying final fantasy snowboarding. or ff beach volleyball,ff chocobo racing 06, or even ff the cereal :(

montpics
April 27th, 2005, 15:28
That's your personal views but Chocobo Racing is a good PS title by the way. I like it. ;)

Genome
April 27th, 2005, 15:32
..what!? :huh: lol i was just pulling names off the top of my head. i had no idea that was a real game. i guess if you like something that much its okay to buy everything involving it ( used to use super mario bros shampoo :o )

Zidane
April 30th, 2005, 14:47
Your missing the point entirely Genome. All that they put out are fan based. You have to beat the game a few times to truly enjoy the other minigames that they send out. I mean they put a lot of thought into chocobo racing. more then any other mini game ive ever seen for any other game out there. and for the time frame that FF7 was put out those graphics were the best you could ever possibly get. I mean a lot of ppl say that FF7 is what started the game makers frenzy for graphics.

As for the movie speculation has started that it will be released sometime before december. I cannot wait :D :happy: :p

Genome
May 2nd, 2005, 14:50
okay i see what you mean =-D. i would like a remastered version though simply because it is such an awsome game. i've finally gotten into the story and im really hooked. i just think a remasted version would be cool...like the one they did for metal gear solid.

montpics
May 3rd, 2005, 13:52
.....i just think a remasted version would be cool...like the one they did for metal gear solid.
Off-Topic :
Speaking of MGS3, I wondered when the PC version will be released. :rolleyes:

montpics
May 11th, 2005, 14:46
Here's the latest news.

Square Enix announced the release date of the DVD video Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, it will be released in Japan on September 14, for 4800 yen. The video is 95% completed right now; release date of the UMD version has not been announced yet.

montpics
May 26th, 2005, 09:38
Screenshots! (http://the-magicbox.com/0505/game050525e.shtml) :)

TiredBoy
May 26th, 2005, 13:45
oi just think a remasted version would be cool...like the one they did for metal gear solid.
Eat FFVII Tech Demos!

No offense intended. I like to poke fun at one of my friends who's FFVII crazy. Did the same thing with him.

Any idea if the DVD's an international release date or a Japan-only release date?

montpics
May 27th, 2005, 03:10
Square Enix announced at E3 that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will be simulataneously released in North America and Japan in September.
Well, that's how it said. :cool:

mhl12
August 1st, 2005, 00:02
I just saw the E3 trailer and it looks really cool. Quick question btw, is it gonna be dubbed in English or are we gonna have to see subs?

montpics
August 2nd, 2005, 12:52
We will see how it goes once it is released in public. But I doubt that it is only matter of time before the movie will be dubbed in English. :)

montpics
September 16th, 2005, 14:47
After several delays, Square Enix's CG movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has been scheduled for release on November 29th in North America, with a retail list price of 28.95. No further details are available at this time; the film has already been released in Japan.

And here some 'spoilers'. :p
>CLICK HERE!< (http://the-magicbox.com/0509/game050915g.shtml)

Ranma1/2
September 16th, 2005, 17:10
I'm looking forward to that movie alot.

Splize
September 16th, 2005, 20:28
So I downloaded the movie yesterday, though the english sub dosnt work for some reason...anyways it kinda looks stupid with the fighting scenes where they fly all around as if its dragonball Z. But I cant really judge it until I get the subs working.

mhl12
September 16th, 2005, 23:15
finally! a release date!!!

montpics
September 17th, 2005, 13:29
So I downloaded the movie yesterday, though the english sub dosnt work for some reason...anyways it kinda looks stupid with the fighting scenes where they fly all around as if its dragonball Z. But I cant really judge it until I get the subs working.
I hate it when I heard that kind of words....... :(

mhl12
September 17th, 2005, 15:29
true, some movies aren't meant to be donwloaded. They are just too good.

Splize
September 17th, 2005, 16:11
SHTU....Sucker I also downloaded Ong-Bak

mhl12
September 17th, 2005, 22:12
So have I. :p

But there are some movies that are just too good to be downloaded. Having the dvd in your collection is a must if you want to be true fan.

Ranma1/2
September 18th, 2005, 02:22
So when is the release date on the movie?

mhl12
September 18th, 2005, 14:50
check out post number 53.

Jale
September 18th, 2005, 16:40
I just downloaded it and it was freakin' awesome :o

Splize
September 18th, 2005, 16:51
I have a feeling this movie is gonna be over-rated.

Zach
September 19th, 2005, 00:53
It was decent.. If you don't know the story you won't understand it plain and simple. A lot of cameos but it focuses around just a few central characters, and its pretty much one long ass fight scene with quiet periods inbetween.

Music is good, and the visuals are nice.

montpics
September 19th, 2005, 14:00
So, how long is the movie? And I believe there is an Anime version of FF7 which came along with that movie, right?

Note : I will wait for the original to be released here. :cool:

Zach
September 19th, 2005, 18:05
Well the first file I downloaded was 1h:41m long, but the KVCD I got to use on my player was only just over an hour, so I'm not sure what the deal is.. I couldn't find a chunk of missing content on the longer when when comparing them, so color me confused..

Never heard of any anime coming with it either

mhl12
September 26th, 2005, 19:12
I just saw it this weekend. It's 100 minutes long. I have to say that it was really good. The story may have lacked a bit but the fighting scenes and special effects made up for that. The largest flaw that I see is that you would have no idea what's going on if you do not know the original story. That's probably the reason square enix didn't bring it to the big screens, which was a wise choice.

MONKEY_NUTS
September 27th, 2005, 07:00
It sucked, I'm not trying to be different. Its just sucked and thats my opinion, so no fanboys better get angsty.... :dry:

mhl12
September 27th, 2005, 17:10
sure, everyone's entitled to their opinions. :D

Ranma1/2
September 27th, 2005, 17:25
Yeah, i'll end up seeing it anyway, no matter what you think.

montpics
September 28th, 2005, 12:30
One question, any ideas of which beast that Kataj summoned in that movie? Bahamut or Neo-Bahamut? :confused:

Jale
September 28th, 2005, 14:41
Bahamut-Sin to be exact :)

montpics
October 2nd, 2005, 12:24
Bahamut-Sin to be exact :)
That's a 'bad' Bahamut..... :D

Zidane
March 11th, 2006, 09:27
I love zidanes bike fenrir and how he does omni-slash

montpics
March 11th, 2006, 15:15
Watch it. He did use omni-slash technique. However there are many aspects that I'm pretty unsure about the whole story since I watched it for a couple of times. :)

belmont
March 11th, 2006, 20:02
When will this movie come to Europe anyway?
Both DVD and PSP versions have not been released yet...

hagbard
March 13th, 2006, 18:41
AFAIK is coming to USA next month, and about summer to Europe

montpics
March 15th, 2006, 14:42
AFAIK is coming to USA next month, and about summer to Europe
Well, as hagbard said (perhaps). :rolleyes:

Zidane
March 18th, 2006, 16:06
this movie was supposed to be released in canada and the us about a year ago when they broadcated it on tech T.V.

i dont know if well ever get it now :(

cloud4004
March 18th, 2006, 17:33
this movie was supposed to be released in canada and the us about a year ago when they broadcated it on tech T.V.

i dont know if well ever get it now :(

There are a few good FF7-ac torrent's out there... That's how I saw it anyway.

-=VampyR=-
March 18th, 2006, 18:42
I have seen it 2 days after the release (XviD -- gotta love torrents and fansubbers)