What about NeoRageX?

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Hey what about adding the (extremly old, but classic) arcade emulater NeoRageX? Seems its in high demand, evn on this site.

montpics

Hey what about adding the (extremly old, but classic) arcade emulater NeoRageX? Seems its in high demand, evn on this site.
Can but the latest official version of NeoRageX can't be supported in WinXP. You still want to let it uploaded? :cool:

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
This reminds me of another (very old, but again classic) arcade emulator, Impact. Think you can look into adding that also?

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Yeah I know, but can just add both the officall version and the hacked 0.8c

montpics

Unfortunately, we here can't accept any hack emulators which is NeoRageX (hack version which can be play in WinXP), CVGS, Emurayden, Cassini and etc.

However, we will try to help as much as we can do for people who have problems with these 'hacked' emulators.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
NeoRageX is a load of crap and will never be added here as long as I breathe. If you seriously plan to play NeoGeo games try using another emulator along with romsets that don't have to be hacked to run.

As for Impact, it's pretty much obsolete and has some issues with any operating system using an NT core(XP & 2000). You can still play the same games, and more, using Zinc.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I used neorage before I discoverd kawaks (v1.40 at the time) and have never looked back! Just thought it would help some people out if the site had a section for it...

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
And I doent wana sound rude, but I thought this is 'The Emulator Zone', and not 'The Some Emulator Zone'... But then again both these emulators are very old and buggy... Guess your right.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Let me be more clear.

Zinc supports the SAME games as Impact and more. Plus it has better support for hardware and operating system as well as features. Would you still like to use Impact?

As for NeoRageX it is sadly true that many people use it but it's really not the best emulator. Would you rather use a buggy & hacked emulator or something better like MAME, Nebula, Kawaks, MAME etc?

One of the reasons for using NeoRageX was that newer NeoGeo games were not added to other emulators because they were too new. Now games such as Metal Slug 5 and King Of Fighters "2005" are supported by those emulators so there is no reason to use NeoRageX.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I know! And I personly use Kawaks and Mame32 FX for ALL my arcade needs! I just feel its unfair to include some emulators and then leave others, even if its crap and bugged to death!

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Its just I see EZ as a collection of all things 'Emulater related', except for the obvios exclusion of roms. I meen it cant bring any harm to the site to just add it under 'other arcade' can it? And then you can rate it zero...

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I completely agree with Lefteris_D. There is no reason anymore to use NeoRageX. It is not supported by XP, it's discontinued and it even supports wrong ROMs for many NeoGeo sets.

Its just I see EZ as a collection of all things 'Emulater related', except for the obvios exclusion of roms. I meen it cant bring any harm to the site to just add it under 'other arcade' can it? And then you can rate it zero...

NeoRageX has become obsolete due to MAME, Kawaks and Nebula. If you want to include NeoRageX, you should also include other obsolete emus like Ace, Calice, SNAME, Sparcade, Retrocade, Shark, etc. I can name at least 20 more of these, but I think you will get the point.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Yes I know! And agree, NeoRageX is old/crap. But thats not my point! There is still (fuck knows why) lots of people useing NeoRageX. And they all use the hacked version (0.8c) that works on XP (so stop bringing it up)! And Calice is on the site!!!

Robert

I use neoragex (nrx) occasionally (well I use most arcade emulators from time to time), and I had no trouble running it on XP after selecting the proper settings.

The legal versions ended at 0.6b (released in 1999), and they could play both MGD2 and decrypted sets. The hacked versions cannot play MGD2 sets; in fact nrx will close down if it detects a MGD2 set, no doubt a side-effect of the hacking.

The things I like about nrx is that it's fast; and it can autodetect new sets even if they're not on the list. For example even though Pochi and Nyaa is a 2003 game, it gets detected and runs perfectly on 0.6b - as long as you use the decrypted set.

The bad thing is mentioned above, the fact that the encrypted sets cannot be used - they need to be decrypted first.

My favourite version would be 4.8 as it runs just about anything.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I know the original authors of NeoRage stoped development because of hacks. But its exactly that that spawned all the hacked versions, cause what else was fans to do... Cant we just have a poll?