i'm using mame32plus-0.81u7 and getting these erros any suggestion

sfix.sfx NOT FOUND
sp-s2.sp1 NOT FOUND
sm1.sm1 NOT FOUND
000-lo.lo NOT FOUND

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Try scanning your roms with Romcenter to see what files you are missing. Sometimes the zip files that are downloaded are missing some files that should be included.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Those are NEO GEO Bios files that the emulator is asking you to load. Simply search for the neogeo bios on the internet or on any file mirror search engine and you will find it. Place it in the MAME roms directory and you are okay to go.

cudencuden

i have a neogeo bio file but they r all .rom files not like the files specified below..is it because they r outdated?
sfix.sfx NOT FOUND
sp-s2.sp1 NOT FOUND
sm1.sm1 NOT FOUND
000-lo.lo NOT FOUND

cudencuden

im using mame32plus-0.81u7 theres no folders that have zip files..and also another question...im trying to play area 51..and missing an area51.chd..is the file outdated?

dr_kation

i had this problem too and fixed it but im trying to play metal slug 3 i have all the files when i open it in mame32 it loads all the files and after it completes it does nothing thier are also 2 mame32's running in the task manger but nothing is happening

pam

Banned
well...area 51 is much complicated case...I need much time to make the game playable and i dont know if it worths the trouble.
About metal slug 3 things r much simple and easier, the rom is already available many mame's versions ago and works properly.The zip file is about 70-75 mb and u also need the neogeo file (just 232 kb).

raiden

Originally posted by cudencuden@May 5 2004, 12:14 AM
im using mame32plus-0.81u7 theres no folders that have zip files..and also another question...im trying to play area 51..and missing an area51.chd..is the file outdated?
the missing file is a chd file. chd files are hard-drives images needed by the emulator the run some of the more advanced arcade games. to play area 51 you need the rom files and also the .chd file for the game.

pam

Banned
i suggest u, first try play the game YOURSELF, and if u do this, then explain our friend what to do...Not just theories, right?