ePSXe freezes up now... What's wrong?

EliteGuitarist

Ok, so for the past 2 days I've been trying to get my FF7 iso to work on ePSXe 1.60, but what would happen is once I would load the iso, all that showed was a black screen. No buttons or anything would work, so I would just press Esc and it would go back to the menu.

By the way, my plugins were:
Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8
P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
Xeven's Cdr Driver 0.93

Also, I looked around the forum's for good FF7 configuration for Pete's OGL2 and I used those.

So then, I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I tried using scph7501 (I knew that FF7 was a NA game, but I wanted to try it anyways), so when I would load the iso, the same thing happened, a black screen would appear. EXCEPT, now I couldn't exit out of the rom. It was like my PC wasn't picking up my keystrokes or something.

So every time I'd try afterwards I would have to shutdown my pc manually.

So now I knew I wasn't getting anywhere so I tried switching back to scph1001, but the same thing happened! I couldn't press esc to get out of the black screen (Note, this is the same configurations and everything as before I switched to scph7501). So now I have a dillemma, first off, I can't play my long awaited FF7, and second off, when I want to test if it works, every time I have to restart my computer.

Can someone help me out?

Also, can someone tell me what plugins (and where to download them) they use to play FF7 and the configuration settings?

Thanks, I really want to play this game!
Elite

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
First off you should have done a search of the forums, this question has been asked 498354739857 times, you could have been playing your game already.

Now I will help you.

Use ePSXe 1.5.2 FFVII works better on the older version.
Use OpenGL not OpenGL2.
Use the Eternal SPU sound plugin.

The plugins here can be found on the site Here.

Next time do a search before you ask this question.

Xiedo

For configs, make sure that the FF7 special fix is enabled for OpenGL and XA sound is enabled for EternalSPU.

If nothing works, you can always use pSX--no config necessary.

montpics

Other suggestion.

Try to switch it to Window mode rather than full screen to make sure that you can exit the game easily once it hangs. That option can be found in any Pete's GPU plugin. (You have to configure it yourself.)

Try to make another image for FF7 if your ISOs doesn't work but CDs can when you run ePSXe.

bobthetaru

Having the same problem with chrono cross --
i can load a saved state, but if i try to zone or get into a battle, it freezes.