FF7 sound help

rahman1937

I used the search function to fix thr problem of the bottom half of the battle screen not showing up. But I can't find anything about how to adjus the sound effects of the game. Sounds like fire and the train going by in the beginning sound horrible. Right before I enter a battle, it sounds like someone scratching their nails on a disk.

I have already tried adjusting everything that I can to try and fix it. I have downloaded all of the sound plugins from the site your installation instruction point to. Oh yeah, I use psex as my emultor. I play from discs that I put into my cd drive. They are the original disks and are in good condition.

I am currently using the ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 and have 5 others that I have tried. But, none of the other ones seem to play the fire effect (near the beginning, you can stop with a big fire behind you, I used this spot to test the sound) at all. The one I am using plays it incorrectly, but at least it plays it.

I am all out of idea's and would like some help. Thank you.

Oh yeah, I am using psex 1.6.0.

montpics

And did you try Eternal SPU plugin as among 5 plugins that you'd tried before? :rolleyes:

rahman1937

That eternal one made another folder, so once I moved it into the main plugin folder, I tried and it helped. Haven't gotten the chance to test a fire explosion yet though. The sound effects before the battle have been fixed.

edit: I found some fire effects and all works well :O). Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

rawrrrz

Eh, what exactly did you do? cause yeah I was having the same issue with video, changed graphics plugin and fixed not being able to see the battle screen, although my graphics are still pretty ugly haha

now i'm having the sound thing.. it'll play fine for a second or two, but then it'll sound all scratchy like if a speaker was blown or something.. and yeah when i entered a battle i almost fell off my bed that sounded so bad..

i'm already using the Eternal SPU 1.5 beta2, tried using my older 1.4 as well, both sound like crap.. the Square fix is enabled too.. :confused:

any suggestions ? or should i just play without sound? lol