Ebay - Does this graphics card sound kosha?

Jale

You can get the drivers from ATI.com, but that Catalyst thing takes long to load everytime Windows starts up.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Yeah I've found the drivers page for RADEON on there and saw the catalyst, would I just have to download that to get it working?? Anyway I'm gonna buy one on ebay soon! Ta!:D :confused:

CrAzY!

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Thanks! But I've also realised that there is a way of updating the drivers for the S3 ProSavage DDR card which I currently have, where would I go to do this? I've found some sites but the latest won't install because I think I need Windows Service Pack 1 for it to install but I've service pack 2.

onewecallgod

i believe S3 is now under control by Via, so you might find it there. to be honest, it was and still is utter crap that no driver update could ever fix.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Lo and behold, I've updated the S3 driver and I've just tried playing Zelda OOT and the problems I was having have been fixed WAHOOO!! Tahnks for the info! I'm gonna try my other games now!

EDIT- I've just tried CTR and guess what it works much smoothly, not glitches nothing, this is great, well maybe if you guys had kept your S3 Cards this update would have helped!
:)
CrAzY!

Last edited:

ouch123

That Guy Nobody Knows...
This is sort of ireelevant, but where would one go about getting the latest driver for S3 ProSavageDDR? I too have that card. Thanks, if this will be replied to.:happy:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
Best card for emulation is... nVidia GeForce MX... :D
Lol, tell you the truth, I hated that crap. But now with this new PC I have a nice
nVidia GeForce 7300 LE. Good, so far plays N64 games as if on the real system :D
Same thing with PS1 games, and I guess the 2 gig of RAM and the dual core processor helps it a bit... :p

Jale

Having 2 GB of RAM doesn't help in performance. Processor and video, of course. RAM just serve as room for more applications to be executed at the same time.

onewecallgod

Having 2 GB of RAM doesn't help in performance. Processor and video, of course. RAM just serve as room for more applications to be executed at the same time.
most new games will see a tangable benefit with 2gb of ram. Battle Field 2 is the first one the comes to mind.

Jale

Yes, because with a larger amount of RAM, the game can store a lot of stuff so the game can run more efficiently. It doesn't have anything to do with speed when we talk about frames per second, that's what a video card is for.

Zach

RAM will always provide some benefit to FPS because like has been said, holding more data in memory allows the game to run more efficiently, this means less 'chugging' and FPS stuttering. Textures are loading faster and thus can be utilized by the card quicker, providing smoother video.