PC-Engine help

ayanami_00

Hey guys. Im pretty new at this emulation thing this being my first post and all. But I was wondering if someone could help me.

I downloaded a pc-engine rom in three parts as well as the PC engine emulator sponsered by this site, though I am unsure as to what do next. Ive tried opening one part of the rom with emulator but it dosent work. Do the files need to be converted or some thing? The 3 files are in rar files.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Jale

You need to join these 3 parts into one. Create a folder, extract the first rar file and the other ones will be extracted automatically.

ayanami_00

Ok i did that and now all three are contained in a winzip file. But when I try to load the game I still get a blank screen. Have I forgotten something?

Jale

I think you got it wrong. Get WinRAR if you don't have it. Once you get it, install it as usual.

Now back to your 3 pieces of files. Select the first piece (it has to be the first one) and then right click it and then click on "Extract files".

ayanami_00

Srry to say but thats exactly what i did. After extracting the rar files with winrar i was left with a folder with a winzip folder containing all three files. My current problem is that in my PC-Engine emulator I cant find any files to load in the folder I extracted the roms in.

Jale

PC Engine can't run ROMs but ISOs. All you need is to keep extracting until you get a .iso or .bin/.cue file called image. Then mount the image with Daemon Tools and run the game.

ayanami_00

Oh okay that sounds like the perfect solution. Only ive never mounted anything before ever. Can you reccomend a site or faq that would help get me started or would I be better off "google-ing" it and figuring it out for my self?

One more thing- I got two .cue files one with the title of the game and one with the title and '(mp3)' on the end. Which file should I mount?

Last edited:

Jale

The one without MP3. PC Engine cannot read MP3, but you won't probably get music with the other one. To get music you need to convert it to wav and make another image and that is very troubling for you.

Just install Daemon, mount it and play.

ayanami_00

Sorry to keep asking for help, I really appreciate all the advice your giving me but i've run into yet another roadblock. When I try to mount the cue file daemon gives me an error message saying "unable to mount image. File not accessable". Any advice left in your bag of tricks?

Zach

Um Butters, PC-Engine games come on both CD's and Hu Cards. I've got a ton of ROMs sitting here on my drive right now infact..

Detonator

Yep, PC Engine has roms aswell as ISO's. The ISO's are much rarer to find online, but there are plenty of roms to download, a good one is Street Fighter, it's a rom. There's a bunch of fairly good games for the PCE and the console itself was more popular than the MegaDrive/Genesis in Japan.