Feasibility discussion of a GC emu on the Xbox

Digital_Wolfv1

Now i have researched this alot lately and alot of people say it's not really possible but i wanna get you alls take on a GC emulator for the Xbox. This PS2 emu for the Xbox make me wonder though even if it is real or not if the GC can be emulated on the Xbox or not. Xbox PS2 EMU

Corey4666

lots of people talk about that subject
if you really think about it though whats stoping and xbox from playing ps2 games?
i mean the grapics on and xbox are stronger than a ps2 you know
i mean if you put a ps2 cd rom reader on the xbox dont you think the xbox could play the ps2 game with fully supported grapics and all?
maybe its the fact that the xbox reads ps2 rom though emulation and thats why it wouldent be possible the emulator is some how not fully suppoted
maybe the emulator isnt built up to match the xbox specs you know i think some how it makes perfect sense
hmm.......
that would be really cool if xbox could play ps2 games though emualtation though
do you think maybe in the future it might be possible?

onewecallgod

its propbably not powerful enough like Belmont said. when youre emulating, you comp (or whatever modded console) has to do double duty: draw the pretty graphics of the game and emulate the code of whatever console its emulating. put

it this way: the n64 had a 133mhz CPU, but a comp with 133mhz CPU was way too slow to emulate it, so you needed at least a 500mhz (or something like that) to get decent frames

Corey4666

so what your trying to say is that the xbox has to have
hmm......im not sure how to....ummm......explain what im trying to say
aww...... well

Corey4666

oohh.......okay! i know what your saying :lol: i couldent understand what you ment but that makes good sense okay.... thanks

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Corey4666@Aug 20 2004, 05:22 PM
if you really think about it though whats stoping and xbox from playing ps2 games?
i mean if you put a ps2 cd rom reader on the xbox dont you think the xbox could play the ps2 game with fully supported grapics and all?
maybe its the fact that the xbox reads ps2 rom though emulation and thats why it wouldent be possible the emulator is some how not fully suppoted
maybe the emulator isnt built up to match the xbox specs you know i think some how it makes perfect sense
hmm.......
that would be really cool if xbox could play ps2 games though emualtation though
...you probably need to just stop yourself from typing next time a thought comes into your head.

Corey4666

Originally posted by Jet Set Willy+Aug 21 2004, 01:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet Set Willy @ Aug 21 2004, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Corey4666@Aug 20 2004, 05:22 PM
hmm.......
...you probably need to just stop yourself from typing next time a thought comes into your head. [/b][/quote]
ughh......
you know i get lots of replys from assholes like you
and i try to ignore people like you but latley i find it difficult

J

Jet Set Willy

No, really. You shouldn't talk crap about a subject you're clearly clueless about. It's not an insult, it's constructive criticism. You make yourself look foolish when you type without thinking first.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Corey4666@Aug 23 2004, 02:07 AM
ughh......
you know i get lots of replys from assholes like you
and i try to ignore people like you but latley i find it difficult
Try to write in a more understandable way and perhaps people will stop acting like assholes towards you.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah. You have to understand that there are people who will be complete motherfuckers and burn you at every mistake. These are bad people, and you need to be careful not to induce their mean-tempered wrath. People like me. Doesn't mean I hate you though, I just think you're being foolish. It's tough love, man.