Major help with config. for ffix

jcucmhe

I can hardly wait to play ffix on my pc, however, I just can't seem to be able to get it started. I've been through many FAQS etc, but to no avail.
I need some major help cong. my espxe to play this game, and I'd be very thankful to anyone who would treat me like an idiot and explain me step by step what should I do (or what the hell have I done wrong).

My specs:

Winxp / Geoforce 6200 TurboCache / Pent. 4 3 Ghz.

I have installed espxe 1.6 with Pete's open gl. At first the game went on O.K. but all the text boxes were black and were almost impossible to read from.
So I started playing with the cfg. only to find out that the game doesn't run at all (as I load the ISO it throws me back to windows asking me to report an error. It says that there has been an error, and sometimes it even says that it can perform read or write to somewhere in the memory).

I'd be grateful if anyone could give me a simple walkthrough.... I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME :)

Many Thanks,

Jcucmhe

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Activate the fix for the game click....

Config>>Sound>>Configure Tab

Then check the box that says Update before accessing register next to it it will say FF8, FF9 and some SQUARE games.

Xiedo

Try ePSXe 1.5.2 and make sure the special fix G4 polygon cache is enabled. Come back if this doesn't help, and post your entire config for the graphics plugin.

mhl12

FF 9 should work fine on ePSXe 1.6.0

montpics

FF 9 should work fine on ePSXe 1.6.0
Same here, try to click on either 'Nice' or 'Fast' setting in Pete's GPU plugins configuration and see how it goes. Sometimes you'll need to readjust/reconfigure them yourself if it doesn't meet your expectations. (Mainly depends on your graphic cards mostly.) :cool:

Xiedo

Yes, I can run it on 1.6.0 too, but I have heard of other ppl having problems that don't crop up on 1.5.2. Anyway, try all of the above. :)