Having Problems with ePSXe, computer too old?

Andrewcarcrazy

Hi guys, sorry for hassling you all with this, but I'm really new to this and need some help. I've had ePSXe running a while now, I'm used a number of different plugins, and I've run PSX games both from disk and ISO files. The problem is that they all seem choppy when they run, I've worked with frame skipping and stuff like that but I still can't get it to work right, in fact frame skipping doesn't seem to help at all. So I'm starting to think my system is too slow. I'm running an old 600mhz Athlon. I have 384mbs of ram. And a Geforce 2 Ti graphics card. Is there anything I can do to get my computer to run an emulator smoothly, I don't need to the prettiest graphics I just wanted to play some of my old favorites again. Sorry again for what is I'm sure is an old question. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read it, and I really would appreciate any help that could be provided.

J

Jet Set Willy

Try the software graphics plugin on conservative settings. Try the DX/GL plugins on conservative settings. That's all you can do really. Your processor is the main bottleneck, couldn't you invest in a slightly better one? 1.4GHz wouldn't be very expensive.

caleb

i know how u feel andrewcarcrazy
i got a heaps of RAM but a bad processor but my games probly run a bit smoother seeming i got more RAM & a slightly better processor
try what lemon said