the best protection?

FFX~Valefor

FF's lover
i want someone to propose me a full protection for internet and when i mean full, an antivirus-spyware-privacy security-pop-up protection

personally,i had bitdefender 9 pro with update but i wasnt satisfied,i had weird trojans every now and then

can someone help me?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
BitDefender 9 Pro Plus
SpyBot SD
Spy Sweeper
Spyware Doctor
Ad-Aware

Firefox+Adblock

FFX~Valefor

FF's lover
isnt it too much?and i heard avg and mcafee are better than bitdefender
anyway i'll try these programs

Last edited:

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
1) Keep windows updated using WindowsUpdate -- frequently. Or turn on automatic updates.

2) I use Avast. Though it has never found a virus so far (=never had any virus since using Avast).

3) Stop using any form of Outlook. Switch to something more secure. Webmail also works.

4) Ad-aware should be okay to get spyware of your system. Though it can be anal about cookies:
I consider cookies fairly harmless: while they might be used for information gathering, it's not like
they can get personal info through cookies.

5) Turn OFF the "hide extensions for known files" feature in Windows. That way you
can detect double file extentions for trojans easier.

6) A proper set of brains:
- Avoid software that includes spyware.
- Don't click or open emails which look suspicious -- delete them right away.
- If you don't know what an application does, don't open it.
- Be wary of people sending you attachments -- check carefully.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I use the free edition of AVG after I had some issues with Avast(a long time ago). So far i never had a problem with AVG.

Jale

Same here. Been using AVG for like 2 years without problems.

What I hate about McAfee is that it's resource intensive and tends to slow down your system.

mhl12

this is what i'm using.. I personally think it's the best:

nod32 antivirus
Kerio Personal Firewall
Spybot S&D
Adaware
Spywareblaster

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I'm using the following and i dont seem to get anything bad except the odd one or two bad cookies. You just need to remeber to keep everything up-to-date, and you can go wrong.

NIS 2004 :eek:
Spybot S&D
Firefox 1.5.0.6
Email is web based (Gmail)

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Yes while all of you have put up very good combos of things i have the SINGLE best thing for protection... You wanna know? You REALLY REALLY wanna know? Ok ill tell you.....

Never connect to th internet HAHAHA Lol.

But i have...

AVG Anti-Virus
ZoneAlarm

have no problems

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Yes while all of you have put up very good combos of things i have the SINGLE best thing for protection... You wanna know? You REALLY REALLY wanna know? Ok ill tell you.....

Never connect to th internet HAHAHA Lol.

But i have...

AVG Anti-Virus
ZoneAlarm

have no problems
Same here, but i also have firefox.
I get spyware sometimes but i never get viruses, they're history in my system, lol.