You probably dont even care lol

Mr.Bentit

Anyway hi Im Mr bentit.

My friend told me about an N64 emulator, and said i should try it out.

I was wondering, can you play games like Zelda ocarina of time, 007 goldeneye etc.... with REAL graphics (3D) as it is on the n64? or is it crappy platform graphics?

And are the controls hard to get used to for the games? thanks

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Today's emulators such as Project 64 and 1964 have very hight compatibility so yeah, all the games you mentioned can be played.

As for the controls you can either use a keyboard or a gamepad/joystick and configure the buttons in any way you like.

Mr.Bentit

Thanks for the quick replies :)

I know these are ridiculous questions but remember I havent even played a game yet so.....

Jale

So like, it looks almost exactly the same as the Nintendo graphics?
(depending on which emu you have)
Even better graphics if we are talking to resolution (picture sharpness), but texture quality and geometry is the same as the real console.

Mr.Bentit

Oh I have another question:

Say i wanted to play an N64 game (007 goldeneye)... i would need for example "Project 64" right?

And then say i wanted to play a playstation 1 game...... does that mean i need to download a completely different emulator?

If so how many emulators do you have? lol

Jale

Yes, you need an emulator for different system. To see the emulators we have on Emulator Zone, go to the main site.

Emulators are classfied by system and rating. The higher the rating is, the better the emulator is.

Mr.Bentit

Thanks will do

My first game works really well im happy.

Can i ask, how many have you dowloaded? everyone that is..

Jale

Well, I'm not a huge collectionist of ROMs, but here's my list:

GBA: 16 ROMs.
MAME: 2 ROMs.
NES: 4 ROMs.
N64: 13 ROMs.
NDS: 2 ROMs.
Gen: 7 ROMs.
SNES: 10 ROMs.

Mr.Bentit

Im such a n00b i know but....

what is mame?

oh and whats the best game you have in your opinion? you enjoy the most and runs the best...

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
GBA: 12
SNES: 23
Ps1: 7
N64: 3
NES: 14

Favorite is the FF series i have haha i have them all up to Ps1, N when ,and if, The Ps2 emu gets better ill have allof the Ps2 games as well.

Last edited:

spiky502

WELL FOR ROMS
N64.I GOT ABOUT 150 ROMS
NES.WELL I CANT COUNT HOW MANY NES ROMS I GOT ILL TAKE A GUESS 3000 OR MORE
MAME.100 SOMETHING
GENS.A OTHER ONE THAT I DONT NO I GOT A LOT ILL GUESS AGAIN 600 ROMS
GBA.50 ROMS
SNES.EM 60 ROMS
;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Mr.Bentit said:
Can i ask, how many have you dowloaded? everyone that is..
Just like jail...

Don't you think you're going too far for an Intro thread ? ;)

Nobody said welcome btw.

WELCOME !

Jale

what is mame?

oh and whats the best game you have in your opinion? you enjoy the most and runs the best...
MAME is Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. It's an emulator of the cabinet machines commonly known as arcade.

And the best games? Well I have many. For the N64 I can say Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda (both), Rare games (Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Goldeneye, Killer Instinct...).

For the SNES, the Donkey Kong Country series, Killer Instinct and Mario ones. Same for NES.

For GBA, there are many. I can say Pokémon games are great.

And for Gens, I pick Sonic the Hedgehog.

Last edited:

Mr.Bentit

I just wanna get down to business thats all :p

What is the best rom you ever played? For any emulator

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Er..... Ughh..... I dunno. Best as in How quality or Fav. Quality i would say MarioKart64, But BEST (as in the game i enjoyed playing the most) would be FFVII