Problem with NDS romsets

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi , i found a site with all roms for Nintendo DS(probably many of us have found it :) ) I downloaded emule cause was the only way to download them, i connected at emule than i start to download(at least i think so) , i tried a single rom Castlevania:Dawn of sorrow not the full romset ,but even single they needed emule, so i clicked on the link Castlevania,but i didn't see where my kb was downloading i didn't understand a damn thing.

If someone has emule , please help!

No problem at all i now found out how to use it.

Last edited:

Jale

Emule and every client under E2K are the shittiest things ever. I never dare to use them again in my life.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hey if you can be a little more patient , your reward will be NDS FULL ROMS

This isn't bad i think,although i agree with you emule suck if there is nothing better i gonna wait until i download the rom or roms.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
First, eMule is slow. In my experience you're lucky if you can dowload at the
same spead as you upload. Second, while with BT it's advisable to have properly opened
the right ports in your firewall and/or forwarded them on your router, with eMule it's
nearly ESSENTIAL -- downloads speeds will truely suck greatly if others can't connect to you.

But if you have patience and don't mind leaving eMule on for a few days (no kidding)
then this is the procedure:

1) Make sure you're connected to a ED2K server before you begin
2) Search for the file you want
3) Mark it for download
4) Your client will now find other people to download from - this is the "sources" column
The progress bar will turn from red to blue if there are sources, and green when it's complete.
5) Your client will now try to download from others, but most of the time it will end up in a queue.
6) Wait until your client gets a turn from another downloader - only then the download will begin.

Note that finding sources will go easier/faster/better if you can connect to KAD.
You can get better positions in other people's queus by uploading something to them
what you want -- for large files this can be simply other parts of the same file (BT style).
You are rewarded for your uploading because eMule uses a "credits" system to promote
people on the queue that have uploaded to that client.

All in all I find eMule still useful for those nearly-impossible to find files.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
torrents and DC++ builds is all I ever needed any I have every thing that is availble out there. Plus DC++ is not 100% linuxified!!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Your best chance is to connect to the Kad network from within the emule client. That way your sources will be increased.

Btw, what does this topic have to do with "Nintendo Emulation & Games"? It's clearly a p2p software issue.

**moved**

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
First, eMule is slow. In my experience you're lucky if you can dowload at the
same spead as you upload. Second, while with BT it's advisable to have properly opened
the right ports in your firewall and/or forwarded them on your router, with eMule it's
nearly ESSENTIAL -- downloads speeds will truely suck greatly if others can't connect to you.

But if you have patience and don't mind leaving eMule on for a few days (no kidding)
then this is the procedure:

1) Make sure you're connected to a ED2K server before you begin
2) Search for the file you want
3) Mark it for download
4) Your client will now find other people to download from - this is the "sources" column
The progress bar will turn from red to blue if there are sources, and green when it's complete.
5) Your client will now try to download from others, but most of the time it will end up in a queue.
6) Wait until your client gets a turn from another downloader - only then the download will begin.

Note that finding sources will go easier/faster/better if you can connect to KAD.
You can get better positions in other people's queus by uploading something to them
what you want -- for large files this can be simply other parts of the same file (BT style).
You are rewarded for your uploading because eMule uses a "credits" system to promote
people on the queue that have uploaded to that client.

All in all I find eMule still useful for those nearly-impossible to find files.

I agree , you can find Castlevania DS everywhere , but you can't download it with DAP or IDM , the only way to download it is with Emule at least for me.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Btw, what does this topic have to do with "Nintendo Emulation & Games"? It's clearly a p2p software issue.

**moved**[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but i thought the DS romsets so i thought might go in Nintendo Emulation and Games although i was not sure.