Help with Zelda - Four Swords on VisualBoyAdvance

dpolsrod

This is my first post here.
Yay!

My problem is when I want to play Zelda The Four Swords on VisualBoyAdvance.
When I start the game, it tells me:

"Linking with other systems... Please wait a moment." <- Click to see screenshot.

Can I skip this somehow and just play "single player"?
If not, how can I play this game at all, since there is no Network compatible GBA emulator?

belmont

You can't play multiplayer games on an emulator...
Howeverin the save archive we have a save with the mutliplayer game completed.

dpolsrod

Thanks for the info.
I can't download the save-file.
When I go to the save-archive and click on the link for Zelda - Four Swords, it just gives me the same page with all the savegames, but there's an error at the top.
It says:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/emuzone/www.emulator-zone.com/html/save_archive/index.php:3) in /home/emuzone/www.emulator-zone.com/html/save_archive/index.php on line 1681

Am I then to understand that Zelda - The Four Swords is a strictly multiplayer game?
This may sound stupid, but what's the point of having a rom of a game that can't be played?

EDIT: I just now realised that the rom also contains A Link to the Past.
Forgive my ignorance. :D

onewecallgod

if the download doesnt work the send Lefteris_D a PM that says the link is no good.

isnt "a link to the past" a really old SNES game?

dpolsrod

Originally posted by onewecallgod+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (onewecallgod)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>if the download doesnt work the send Lefteris_D a PM that says the link is no good.[/b]

Thank you. It is done. :D

EDIT: Actually, NONE of the links in the save archive works for me.
I get the same "warning" every time. Maybe it's something on my computer?

<!--QuoteBegin-onewecallgod

isnt "a link to the past" a really old SNES game?[/quote]

Yes it is, but it was "re-released" with The Four Swords, so that people who never played A Link to the Past on the SNES
could play it on the GBA/GBC(I forget which).
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys.
I'm not completely up to date on my Nintendo history... :D

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I just upgraded the script used for that page. I'll work on adding the add banners tomorrow after work, in the meantime you should be able to download just fine.

RICO

Im having the same problem playing Zelda Four Swords on either VisualBoy Advance and No$GBA Emulator, It keeps saying "Linking to other Systems" but never does, How can I play Four Swords Along (one player)??? Please Help!!!!

vinheim3

you can't. Four swords is designed to be multiplayer. Just use vbalink or no$gba to play multiplayer by yourself(which is boring, I find it easier to go round to my friend's house to play multiplayer)

PeanutGorilla

you can actually play the rom online its called vba link version 1.8, i posted a link to it and the rom i have in my topic.but no one wants to listen to me cuz im new.the online mode does work, it was confirmed.all you need is to start your own, tell the other players your ip address, and wait for them to connect.more info about it on my topic called zelda 4 swords.please trust me, cuz i wanna play online 2.:)

trencher

peanut. im so down.. i can't get it to work tho.. i tried hosting with my pc, connecting with my laptop... nothin.. help!

xmynil22

Can someone help me? i dont know how to download zelda four swords and i dont know how to start the game... plizzz help? :(

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
i dont know how to download zelda four swords
How can you have trouble downloading it if your second question is about starting the game? You obviously have downloaded the game?

i dont know how to start the game... plizzz help?
Did you ready anything on this post? This is a mutliple player game, the one way to play it is by running more then one emulator and linking them. It is not a fun game to play if you are the only one playing it as its designed for 2 or more players.

If the future pleas do not bump 5/6 year old thread, especially if you dont intend to follow up on it.

Last edited: