PC Games On Xbox?

KaDuece

:) Yes, my first post after a long absence.

I'm back with money!:D I have always had a love for the PC series The Sims. And having in mind the requirements of the new expansion, I thought of something interesting. Seeing is how an Xbox is much like a PC itself, I'm wondering if its ever been tryed to emulate PC games on an Xbox; or if emulation is needed at all? I have put alot of money into my Xbox and upgrading it, so my budget is in my Xbox more than my PC. Would it be possible to play my game on my Xbox?

metalheadjc

You can install Linux on your Xbox, and there are multiple ways to attempt running PC games in Linux. There are gaming ports made specifically for running PC games in Linux, but the ones I have seen cost money. You can also try running Wine, a Linux program which allows you to run Win32 executibles in Linux. Both options are not completely stable, may not work at all, and are buggy from what I have seen. If you install the latest version of Kill Bill Slax Linux, Wine is already installed and maybe you can get it to work.

I'll try to do a little research and give you more specific links if possible :)

KaDuece

Thanks I'll see if I could look it up also. I have some money to spend, but nothing to extravigant.(sp?)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I hope for you that you can get it to work, but I personally think it is not possible. Although the Xbox is in some ways similar to a PC, in many ways it is not. I also think you will miss some processing power to play The Sims.