Newbie Alert!

Kingrizla

Hi guys,

I'm new to this whole emulation malarky and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to answer a quick query I have.

Ive been using WinKawaks as a CPS2 and Neo Geo emulator. The CPS2 Roms work (I notice their file extention are numbers - .01, .02 etc) and the Neo Geo Roms I have dont work (I have performed an audit (?) and found that they won't work because they have a "wrong name"). The NeoGeo Roms file extentions are .rom.

What's going on??

many thanks

Kingrizla

Hi,

Just wondering - have I asked an inapropriate question? I posted a similar question on a couple of other forums but no one will answer.

All I need is a hint in the right direction - im not asking for a one on one tutorial or anything.

Kingrizla

hi,

I would if I knew how. I suppose I want to know if anyone else has experienced this before. Does Kawaks support .rom files? Do I have to use RomCentre or something?

Fibrepunk

Originally posted by Kingrizla@Mar 26 2004, 01:54 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to this whole emulation malarky and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to answer a quick query I have.

Ive been using WinKawaks as a CPS2 and Neo Geo emulator. The CPS2 Roms work (I notice their file extention are numbers - .01, .02 etc) and the Neo Geo Roms I have dont work (I have performed an audit (?) and found that they won't work because they have a "wrong name"). The NeoGeo Roms file extentions are .rom.

What's going on??

many thanks
Just use Romcenter or clrmame and get the rom fixed...