n64 emulator issues

akw0420

i downloaded a pack of n64 roms and a 1964 emulator. when i go to select a rom to play, it plays the beginning to each game, but doesn't allow me to control it by my keyboard. anyone know what to do about this?
(sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm a noob to the whole emulator thing.)

TNGOG

" ALPHA FAN "
I think in the future you shouldnt mention the part about downloading games. Even tho i think roms are legal, others dont think so.

Anyway, using the keyboard is default, and i only use the control pad to play.

akw0420

oh, well sorry about that. wasn't aware anyone into gaming stuff had an issue with roms. (thanks for letting me know). and the default settings were all blank, so i configured them and was still having a hard time. thanks anyways though, i'm just going to keep messing with configurations and whatnot.

TNGOG

" ALPHA FAN "
Well on my end, make sure your control pad is plug in tight and working. I am using a USB controller, and it seems to work just fine.

You should config/calibrate it. I havent use my n64 emulator in a while( 1964 one ) only because i bought a n64 from the pawn shop about 2 years and i have alot of games for it. N64 is only what 14 or 20 bucks now and most games are real cheap. I just bought california speed for 3.99 last night.

But some games are hard to find, and i play them in 1964, until i can find it, plus its kinda cool playing n64 games on your computer to. I guess i can hook it up and test it out on my end for you.

Let me know.