XBOX 360 emulation

Lingkang

ok I need help because there´s a game that I was wating a lot from a long time the second part of that game but I surprised a lot because the first part was on PS2 and Then it went to XBOX 360!!!!!I think you people know what game I´m Talking about it´s RUMBLE ROSES XX and I would like a lot to play it but I haven´t got a XBOX 360 and I haven´t got enough money to for buy it but I can buy the game anyway is there any XBOX 360 emulation which can run the games only with the CD of that game?:eek:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Sorry no Xbox 360 emulators yet. Xbox and ps2 emulation hasnt got to a playable state yet and they've been out for 5 years+.

ripmaw

FFT iso... ATTACK!!!!!
i kinda understand that... i mean think about it... xbox has practicly the same stuff as your computer practicly does... and ps2 isn't much further behind... i haven't even seen a gamecube emu. i guess it's cause of most of their games complexicity... lol but if they don't have a xbox emu then why would they have a 360 emu? why? sorry for sounding rude... just pointing at the facts... litterally

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
First of all there is a gamecube emulator that can play games and that's Dolphin. The fact that you haven't seen one only means that you haven't bothered searching.

Secondly the xbox may have hardware that resembles a computer but it's not one. Unlike the xbox itself computers are not all the same(many brands of processors, motherboards, graphics cards etc) so making a "plug and play" emulator is not possible.

Last but not least, x360 emu? Why not? Who says that people are not allowed to try and emulate the 360 before the first one is done?

metalheadjc

Dolphin does exist, true, but it is really unstable. Windwaker runs at about 15fps, and Resident Evil 4 runs at full speed until you try to play it, and I cannot get it to run after that.

Now the issue is that emulation of powerful hardware requires MUCH more powerful hardware, generally. From what I've read, the 360 has gaming power right up there with the most powerful gaming computers in existence. You cannot accurately emulate powerful hardware with weak hardware, as framerates would be slow or frames would be skipped.

Who says that people are not allowed to TRY to emulate the 360? Nobody. But I'll say this...it would be in vein. The computer you would have to build to do the job would cost FAR FAR more than just buying a 360.

Oh, and secondly, concerning the latest gaming systems, don't expect good emulators until you get good mods. (Forget NES and stuff...that was before the modscene was really out). But now, somebody has to figure out what's going on before you can accurately emulate the system, and the first people who are going to figure anything out are the ones who have money to be made AKA Team Xecuter, Team SmartXX, etc. And their understanding need not be complete.

So, I think it'll be a long, long time.

Aphofis

ok I need help because there´s a game that I was wating a lot from a long time the second part of that game but I surprised a lot because the first part was on PS2 and Then it went to XBOX 360!!!!!I think you people know what game I´m Talking about it´s RUMBLE ROSES XX and I would like a lot to play it but I haven´t got a XBOX 360 and I haven´t got enough money to for buy it but I can buy the game anyway is there any XBOX 360 emulation which can run the games only with the CD of that game?:eek:

thx

xplics

LOL, wow I would not even bother messing with PS2, xbox, or gamecube emulators let alone a 360 one. Can you guys picture just how many years down the line it will take to get a decent xbox emulator running most games let alone a 360. Plus picture the pc specs you would need to run it right.:dry:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Not entirely sure but with Microsoft hoping to offer online cross compatibility with 360 games and Vista, perhaps the 360 architecture is more compatible with home PC's than previous systems.
Certainly MS seem to be advocating standardisation and have developed the 360 as a step in that direction, so perhaps the 360 will be easier to emulate than any console from the last gen.

Its possible.

TheCreator

That would be a software, little to do with hardware similarities than a standardisation with software. Pro Evo Soccer 6 online for example lets you play PS2 players when playing on the PC, or FFXI which has 360, PS2 and PC all on the same network(s)

Nemesis_Stars

LOL, wow I would not even bother messing with PS2, xbox, or gamecube emulators let alone a 360 one. Can you guys picture just how many years down the line it will take to get a decent xbox emulator running most games let alone a 360. Plus picture the pc specs you would need to run it right.:dry:

for your information the xbox emulator(cxbx) is still being worked on by a guy called shadow_tj.
HERE ARE SOME LINKS:
http://forums.ngemu.com/cxbx-official-forum/86697-who-wanne-help-cxbx-delphi-port.html
http://www.shadowtj.net/main/pages/projects/Dxbx.html
http://82.94.216.226/~hwouterse/mes...php?f=16&sid=b0906e929df83a2f16da43eb7b1a2cfe

he needs anyboy's help to make a decent XBOX emulator. there are still some ppl helping him but it's not enough. a heavy project or projects like this takes more than a hanful of ppl. if we just sit back and go "come on. there will be some emulators in very very far future, there's no need we bother ourselves searching or doing sth about how to make a emulator for a powerful console". if we're supposed to believe in your comment and do nothing about emulation world, I bet you there will be NO emulators at all.

Now the issue is that emulation of powerful hardware requires MUCH more powerful hardware, generally. From what I've read, the 360 has gaming power right up there with the most powerful gaming computers in existence. You cannot accurately emulate powerful hardware with weak hardware, as framerates would be slow or frames would be skipped.

Who says that people are not allowed to TRY to emulate the 360? Nobody. But I'll say this...it would be in vein. The computer you would have to build to do the job would cost FAR FAR more than just buying a 360.

Ok. this one is very easy to answer. let's go back to those days where there wasn't any PS2 emulator. It was very hard to imagine "will there be any PS2 emu ?" take the PCSX2 0.9. this version was compatible with most of the games and it was amazing to see how this emulator was progressing but there was a problem. speed issue. we could not play games at a reasonable framerate but with the advent of Dual Core CPUs it solved the problem and now you can enjoy playing some decent ps2 games on your PC even better than a real PS2.
Do not forget. TECHNOLOGY IS ALWAY HEADING FORWARD. TODAY'S TECHOLOGY IS BETTER THAN YESTERDAY'S.