total_noob wants to know how that work...

total_noob

:blink: Hi,
i just found this emulator side and would like to know how that work.
can i play with original X-box-CD or do i have to download Games, if i have to,...
... where can i download games (absolute legal of course)?!

onewecallgod

xbox emulation isnt at the point where it can play commercial games well yet. you can download some homebrew games that work

beefcakes

Once again, I thought Xeon was built to play HALO and only HALO, and that it DOES in fact work for HALO... AM I mistaken here? and he did ask about legal games, which would be homebrew of course. I belive Hombrew is how they are making the emulators correct? just a thought.

onewecallgod

xeon "runs" halo, but the graphics are all screwed up and you gotta have a modded xbox to "play" it... not my idea of commercial game playable

belmont

Once again, I thought Xeon was built to play HALO and only HALO, and that it DOES in fact work for HALO... AM I mistaken here? and he did ask about legal games, which would be homebrew of course. I belive Hombrew is how they are making the emulators correct? just a thought.
If you want to play Halo try the PC version.My friends that play FPS say it is better from the X-BOX one.

total_noob

Originally posted by belmont@Mar 26 2004, 06:41 PM
If you want to play Halo try the PC version.My friends that play FPS say it is better from the X-BOX one.
:huh: yea, why should u play the X-box verson on PC if there is a PC version?!
this is a bit silly!

onewecallgod

the halo version for xbox is quite a bit cheaper than it is for PC...i guess thats an ok reason

El Fugitivo

Also, I don't think the PC version has a split-screen co-op mode.

In any case, at this point it really doesn't matter as no X-Box emulation is at a very playable state yet.

beefcakes

well, the point was merely that Xeon was built for halo, and that upon initial release did in fact run it... How well, I don't know, as I don't have it (halo) and don't care to buy it - no xbox.