Building Custom SNES+N64 to USB Adapter - Smart Joy?

IMustBeEmo

ohemmgee teh tryforce!1
I was reading about the Super Smart Joy for SNES and the Boom PSX/N64 on www.joypadgame.com and www.lik-sang.com and they both seem really buggy for things that cost almost $30 =\ Has anyone else ever used these and do you have the same problems with button mapping/button combos, etc.? I don't care about PSX bugs just the N64/SNES since I hate Playstation controllers.

So I decided I want to build my own. How would I go about doing so? I've done some extensive Google searching and nothing has come up yet. All I can see is SNES to parallel port, but my computer doesn't have a parallel port :dry: so those are no help. But is there any real difference between USB and parallel port? My printer doesn't even use parallel port, it uses USB.

And on a side note, I'm confused as to what PSX is. Does it mean Playstation 1/2/3/Portable, or is it a separate console altogether? Google Image Search brings up some weird results that I've never seen before. I'm not sure if they're Photoshop or not. The only other thing that rings a bell was the old rumor that Playstation 3 was going to be called PSX.

Edit: I just noticed that Lik-Sang has another adapter, the "Trio Linker Plus" that connects PSX/Dreamcast/GameCube controllers. Also on Jandaman there is a "Super Joybox 13" adapter for GameCube to PC. Has anybody used these adapters and encountered any problems with GC compatibility? I would also like to create a GC adapter.

Last edited:

Jale

I did my custom gamepad with a PSX controller and a serial port (LPT1, you know, the printer one) and it's working very good in every game supporting DirectInput. The only problem is that I can't use the analog sticks because I need additional 5V to make them work, so I'm getting an USB one.