Can't find a good n64 emu

jogoman

I cant find a good emulator for N64
I have loads of roms, but the graphics are slow and the sound is crappy.
I tried many emulators and sound and video plugins.
This is my system:

Pentium3 900 Mhz
256 MBram
Geforce 2 AGP 64MB
CMEDIA 5.1 soundcard.

Can someone please help me with my problem.
Thanks....

Jogo

J

Jet Set Willy

You don't have a great system, that's one reason.

The emulators in the N64 section of this site include the best. Try them all - but you're stuck with what's there.

Legendeer

I'm not exactly what you'd call a PC expert, but I know I've got a pentium 3 and I haven't got a 3D accelerator. It's windows ME.

Does that mean I can't play N64 or Dreamcast emulators very well either?

Also, how do you find the specs for your pc? is it in control panel?

belmont

There are no Dreamcast emulators that play games.
You can't run N64 emulators at 100% speed.

My computer,right click,properties.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Legendeer@Mar 19 2004, 08:39 PM
I'm not exactly what you'd call a PC expert, but I know I've got a pentium 3 and I haven't got a 3D accelerator. It's windows ME.

You won't be able to run N64 games well without a 3D accelerator though. Are you sure you don't have one? Even a motherboard graphics card will likely have some sort of acceleration.

You seem older than 12. You ask smarter questions and type better than most adults :)

Legendeer

Originally posted by belmont@Mar 19 2004, 09:41 PM
There are no Dreamcast emulators that play games.

I know there are no ROMS for Dreamcast emulators, but I actually own a Dreamcast & several games, and I meant whether or not I would be able to play them on a dreamcast emulator with my pc.

Legendeer

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 19 2004, 10:16 PM
You won't be able to run N64 games well without a 3D accelerator though. Are you sure you don't have one? Even a motherboard graphics card will likely have some sort of acceleration.

I'm not really sure. I've got a couple of games for my pc that I've never been able to play, and I think it said something about a 3D accelerator. Is there a part of control panel or my computer where it tells you? Then I could check.

You seem older than 12. You ask smarter questions and type better than most adults :)

I learned to touch-type in Year 6 of school, and I was quite good at spelling anyway.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Legendeer@Mar 19 2004, 10:31 PM
I'm not really sure. I've got a couple of games for my pc that I've never been able to play, and I think it said something about a 3D accelerator. Is there a part of control panel or my computer where it tells you? Then I could check.
Try Start>Run and then type in "dxdiag". A diagnostics program will come up - click on the "Display" tab and you'll get graphics adaptor info.

Legendeer

Try Start>Run and then type in "dxdiag". A diagnostics program will come up - click on the "Display" tab and you'll get graphics adaptor info.

Okay, I did it and I didn't really understand what came up. It worked though. Here's what it looked like when I clicked on display from the dxdiag thing:-

graphics.gif

-I clicked on the test directx 3d or button or something like that, and it was successful (I saw what it said I should see)

So does this mean I have got a 3D accelerator or not? My games said I didn't..... :huh:

J

Jet Set Willy

Yep, you have a cheap motherboard 3D accelerator. Not much cop though, I'm afraid. No use for modern games, and will reduce your N64 emulation performance too.

Legendeer

Thanks again. The PC was originally Windows 98, and it's a bit old now. It's breaking really. We keep crashing and we can't watch videos unless we download them, then use HTML to add them to a web page that I keep on the pc until we've watched the video. If that makes sense. We keep getting loads of popups too.