How do you create a CHD from an .img file?

Alkaiser

How do you create a CHD from an .img file? I want to convert this KI.img file into a CHD file so I can use it with Mame. I'm not asking where to get it.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Alkaiser said:
How do you create a CHD from an .img file? I want to convert this KI.img file into a CHD file so I can use it with Mame. I'm not asking where to get it.

All I know is that the .CHD to .IMG conversion is possible.You need two programs which I have and will upload them for you somewhere if you want...but they are for DOS.
Last I remember,there was a patch for it like IMG2CHD...but don't know where to find it now or if it's still available somewhere.

You are better off downloading the .chd from torrent sites.

Last edited:

Alkaiser

-=VampyR=- said:
All I know is that the .CHD to .IMG conversion is possible.You need two programs which I have and will upload them for you somewhere if you want...but they are for DOS.
Last I remember,there was a patch for it like IMG2CHD...but don't know where to find it now or if it's still available somewhere.

You are better off downloading the .chd from torrent sites.

Yes. I want the DOS programs please. Please upload them for me, thanks.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
There was once a patch on Tourniquet's page, but unfortunately that is down now. I suggest you just download the CHD if you can't get the program/patch.

Alkaiser

What the hell!? Were you guys playing around with me? I used chdman and converted the kinst.img to kinst.chd AND kinst2.img to kinst2.chd.... And they both work flawlessly in the latest version of Mame....

I don't believe this. >< You guys are mean. I took me weeks to figure this out.

Anyway, here's what you do if you have the kinst.img or kinst2.img:

Open DOS and navigate to the folder with chdman & your KI image files then enter:

chdman -createhd kinst.img kinst.chd

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
We were NOT playing around with you. It has been several years ago that the KI harddisk has been changed to the CHD format. At that time most of us either redownloaded the new one or converted the old one. CHDman did not have that functionality at the time.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Alkaiser said:
What the hell!? Were you guys playing around with me? I used chdman and converted the kinst.img to kinst.chd AND kinst2.img to kinst2.chd.... And they both work flawlessly in the latest version of Mame....

I don't believe this. >< You guys are mean. I took me weeks to figure this out.

Anyway, here's what you do if you have the kinst.img or kinst2.img:

Open DOS and navigate to the folder with chdman & your KI image files then enter:

chdman -createhd kinst.img kinst.chd

YES we were playing with you.
We are all more than mean...we are MALEFIC.
alcoatjez is the devil's son.

:)