PDA

View Full Version : Sound Editing

<><>
March 17th, 2004, 18:22
Any tips on how to reduce background music is sound clips using goldwave or a similar program?

I&#39;ve been trying to put it through highpass and lowpass filters left and right... I even drove myself nuts with the parametric equalizer, yet I have not been able to achieve what I wanted.

Jet Set Willy
March 17th, 2004, 18:32
Knowing the right frequencies to filter would be good if there weren&#39;t so much overlapping spectra.

Have you tried Goldwave&#39;s various vocal stripping functions? Try each one, and if you come up with a winner (i.e. the vocals are nearly silenced), subtract it from the original signal.

<><>
March 17th, 2004, 19:57
Aha... I was trying to find a phase shifter in order to phase shift the remaining signal 180deg. and add it to the original signal... didn&#39;t even think of the &#39;subtract&#39; function.

I guess I need to sample the speech for much longer than actually necessary in order for voice strippers to function properly.

Jet Set Willy
March 18th, 2004, 06:01
Depends what voice removal you want. Sometimes it&#39;s just a case of removal identical stereo components.