Playstation 2 any good?

Gareth2061

I was just wondering if it was worth using a PS2 emulator on my PC and if it will be fast enough and so on and so forth.
My system specs are as follow:

Windows Xp
AMD 2400xp
512mb SDRAM
40Gb hard Disk
GeForce 5200 graphics card

spotanjo3

No, sorry to disappoint you. At the moment there aren't any PS2
emulators capable of playing PS2 games at a playable standard.

You are wrong. Please do not answer falsely if you didnt played them at all. There are playable games, yes!

You need core 2 duo and above and better video card.

@Gareth2061,

your computer specs will not run PCSX2 emulator very good. Buy a better computer or buy ps2 console.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
The original poster had asked a question 4 years ago. Danny answered the question 4 years ago which was accurate 4 years ago. Now you're slamming him for answering a 4 year old question 4 years ago with an answer that was correct 4 years ago.

Understand now?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
lol.

In a nutshell you need a fast computer with atleast a dual core processor, 2gb/4gb of ram, a fast graphics card(s) 8800 Ultra ???

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
8800 Ultra? Do you think I would get away with using an 8600GT?

To be honest I have no idea about PS2 other than you need a really fast computer to even think about getting a game to start.

At the end of the day if you want to play PS2 games its cheaper and easier to buy a PS2 than it is find and building a computer that works best with the PS2 emulator.

spotanjo3

Yes, you can womb_raider. You need GeForce 6 series and above but 8 series and above is much better, you know.

Core 2 duo or above is your best way.

Slashment, be nice!!!