FTP connects to XBOX but problems with renaming etc

tonberry_hunter

Ok I am having issues sending files to my XBOX and renaming files via FTP etc. Now some files get sent over just fine but others just wont send correctly. Like for example I went to send all my N64 roms over and it would only send the first 30 or so then I would get a ftp error. I tried both FlashFXP and CoreFTP. I connect just fine the directories are all there. Its not a filename issues because I shortened the names etc. My computer and XBOx are connected to a netgear router (which is being used as a hub) which is connected to my main router. I really wanna know why I cant rename files and why some files go over and some dont. The ftp progs are in passive mode. I get a million error codes even when files are trasnfering correctly. Blah I know I am being vague and all but I just wanna get this to all work 100% its a massive pain turning your XBOX into the ultimate gaming machine when there are little kinks like this.

update: ok so when I first connect it seems to rename a couple directories and files fine but then it stops working and gives me this error.

Click here to see picture

this is in SMARTftp btw

also tried it via windows here is the error as it appears

Click here to see picture

Last edited by a moderator: