Music Problems with SSF

someone1074

I have the latest version of SSF and acquired an ISO of Guardian Heroes. Everything works perfectly...with one exception.

There is no music.

Now I have sound, all sound effects work perfectly. The game runs at a smooth 60 fps and sometimes faster. In fact the only thing keeping this from being a perfect emulation is the lack of music.

The iso I acquired came with a certain kind of sound file...which forced me to convert it to .wav's. After using several programs I finally found one that successfully made accurate PCM Wav files out of them. Made a new .cue with Sega Cue Maker...everything.

However whenever a new track is supposed to be loaded, this is what I encounter:

_DriveStatus_Play() Error. Fatal Error.

However its not that fatal because the game continues fine. Every single time a new track is supposed to be loaded, I retrieve that error.

Does anyone know what this means? I am about to create a backup of Guardian Heroes and try running it straight from my cd drive as opposed to running the new .cue from my virtual drive in Daemon Tools...but I don't know what could be the problem...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

oh and I should note, using the same method, Cassini runs the the game with music just fine...but for some reason SSF will not run it with music. Lets just say I'd rather not use Cassini and leave it at that.

Last edited:

montpics

Might a possibilty that problem is a bug to SSF if you did manage to make it work on Cassini. :rolleyes:

someone1074

UBELIEVABLE! I didn't have the newest version of SSF!

I guess Zophar.net is getting behind...but yeah I had the beta right before R4...had to get it from the main japanese page.

thanks for the help, your words made me realize I may have been missing something in the program itself.

Last edited:

montpics

Zophar's main site was never been updated since December. (Only forum still active though.)

Glad you found the solution. :)

AmericanPsycho

Hey someone1074,
I think I have around the same problem that you had not being able to hear any music for guardian heroes. The game itself runs great etc etc just like you said for SSF. However, I have the latest version. SSF_007_beta_R5 from what I can tell.

I dont know how to make these PCM wav files that you were talking about for the iso could you explain how you did it to me (well anyone for that matter)? I've looked in the iso itself but all i saw were a bunch of bin files, I'm not sure what to do, but I'm pretty sure that's my problem.

Thanks.:D

you have to change the format of the sound files to wav if you are using daemon tools i did that with die hard arcade that game has sounds too so change it to .wav type of sound