Which music genre do you dislike most?

Spekkio

Banned
I'm bored, so sue me.

I vote Top 40, Polka close second.

J

Jet Set Willy

Probably emo, due to the obnoxious fan base.

I really don't like polls covering genres. Too limited.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:56 PM
Probably emo, due to the obnoxious fan base.

I really don't like polls covering genres. Too limited.
Hahaha, Obnoxious fan base.
You can also just add a genre not mentioned if you like, I'm just curious really.

Can you define obnoxious fan base?
I've never really listened to emo.

J

Jet Set Willy

I don't want to get into it. Blood pressure.

Here's somebody else's view:

"If you are into emo, you are most likely male (see also, a boy). If you are a girl (see also, female) then you are in it for the boys. Unless you are gay. (But that is just me generalizing.) The emo boys know that the girls like them. It's all a vicious cycle.

Typical emo wardrobe consists of four colors. Black, gray, brown. The fourth color is glasses. Glasses is a color, yes. Glasses should make you look sensitive and intelligent.

Your hair is mussed. You have sideburns OR you look like you just got off work at the office, extremely clean cut. I knew a punk rocker who was swore up and down that emo kids didn't have sideburns because they were _extremely clean cut_.

You are very opinionated about your music. Your sweaters fit snugly. Your messenger bag is your security blanket. You say records, not CD's. You don't own CD's. You scoff at people who own CD's.

You drink coffee and write poetry and try to make your voice worse than it is. You cry and you tell everyone about it. You are unashamed."

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 11:02 PM
I don't want to get into it. Blood pressure.

Here's somebody else's view:

"If you are into emo, you are most likely male (see also, a boy). If you are a girl (see also, female) then you are in it for the boys. Unless you are gay. (But that is just me generalizing.) The emo boys know that the girls like them. It's all a vicious cycle.

Typical emo wardrobe consists of four colors. Black, gray, brown. The fourth color is glasses. Glasses is a color, yes. Glasses should make you look sensitive and intelligent.

Your hair is mussed. You have sideburns OR you look like you just got off work at the office, extremely clean cut. I knew a punk rocker who was swore up and down that emo kids didn't have sideburns because they were _extremely clean cut_.

You are very opinionated about your music. Your sweaters fit snugly. Your messenger bag is your security blanket. You say records, not CD's. You don't own CD's. You scoff at people who own CD's.

You drink coffee and write poetry and try to make your voice worse than it is. You cry and you tell everyone about it. You are unashamed."
Okay.
That's pretty fucking obnoxious.

Almost as annoying as wiggers.
It almost makes me want to change my mood.

Another reason why I opened this topic, the opinions about the music are usually very fun to read. Hehehehe.

Nick

I don't like the poll either. Too far limiting. Placing reggae and jazz is generalized and wrong to me. And what have you done with Rap? :)

J

Jet Set Willy

I also don't see the reggae/jazz connection. Also, if you are gonna generalise, how could you not put "classical"?!

You could expand folk alone to 5 or maybe 6 different options. Can't we just make this into a poll-less general discussion?

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 11 2004, 12:35 AM
I also don't see the reggae/jazz connection. Also, if you are gonna generalise, how could you not put "classical"?!

You could expand folk alone to 5 or maybe 6 different options. Can't we just make this into a poll-less general discussion?
Sure.
I just put them together to have more options.
Delete the poll if you wish.

Nick: You are completely right, I forgot rap.

hitmonlee

ooh a hate thread :wub:

roots music. the waifs, michael franti, john butler trio. really boring music that is htink is supposed to be calming but makes me want to smash things.

ska. its so stupid. idiot music.

emo. what everyone else said.

novelty top 40 tunes like the ketchup song.

shitty generic pop rock - jet.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Nothing wrong with pop.

Old pop that is, David Bowie and music like that. New pop is awful, which is Britney Spears and terrible donkey urine like that.

I'd have to say I have a three way tie with:

Pseudo Punk (Sum41, New Found Glory)
Rap (Don't know any artists, just hate 99% of it)
Nu - Metal (Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit)

El Fugitivo

What qualifies now as emo is incredibly annoying to me. I do like Sunny Day Real Estate and Elliott, but other than that pretty much all emo is terribly dumb junior high love affairs put to music.

But the single genre I dislike most would probably have to be Neo Soul. Stuff like Boyz II Men and Luther Vandross. Just utter crap, giving soul artists from the 70s (and even a couple from recent years, like D'Angelo) an undeservedly bad name.

90% of Country/Western is terrible too.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Neco@Mar 11 2004, 04:39 AM
nigger music.

Sorry... I mean, RAP and hiphop
Nah, just say nigger music. That's what it is. If they're all intent on calling each other niggers, that's what they are. If outsiders using that word annoys them, all the better. Shouldn't be so selectively racist should they?

There is good hip hop. Push Button Objects and Mantronix are good.

Yes, nu-metal should die, but generally the fans are inconsequental turds and don't make a mess.

Whatever Busted and Blink 182 are annoy me to the brink of insanity. They're pretty harmful too. Pop is able to change entire generations for the worse.

Country.

This new wave of jazz artists. It's like what happened recently with metal/punk/rock. Norah Jones - she is the Avril Lavigne of jazz. So fucking pretentious too. This particular artist leads me to...

Americans who sing nasally. Sorry, I don't mean to get on the American's case again, but why do so many of them have to sing like that? It's seen in pop (Britney - "lal ala la drooooooone" - the irony of that lyric), pop punk (Blink 182), emo, and singers who just want to sound deeper or into their music.

People who emulate Americans who sing nasally.

Music I like which everybody else hates: Celtic, acid, folk, noise.

hitmonlee

yeah we have that nasal problem in australia
two bands which spring to mind:
jebediah
something for kate

horrible, horrible music. i hope you never come across any.

norah jones is so boring. its nothing music.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon+Mar 11 2004, 07:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lemon @ Mar 11 2004, 07:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neco@Mar 11 2004, 04:39 AM
nigger music.

Sorry... I mean, RAP and hiphop
Nah, just say nigger music. That's what it is. If they're all intent on calling each other niggers, that's what they are. If outsiders using that word annoys them, all the better. Shouldn't be so selectively racist should they?

There is good hip hop. Push Button Objects and Mantronix are good.

Yes, nu-metal should die, but generally the fans are inconsequental turds and don't make a mess.

Whatever Busted and Blink 182 are annoy me to the brink of insanity. They're pretty harmful too. Pop is able to change entire generations for the worse.

Country.

This new wave of jazz artists. It's like what happened recently with metal/punk/rock. Norah Jones - she is the Avril Lavigne of jazz. So fucking pretentious too. This particular artist leads me to...

Americans who sing nasally. Sorry, I don't mean to get on the American's case again, but why do so many of them have to sing like that? It's seen in pop (Britney - "lal ala la drooooooone" - the irony of that lyric), pop punk (Blink 182), emo, and singers who just want to sound deeper or into their music.

People who emulate Americans who sing nasally.

Music I like which everybody else hates: Celtic, acid, folk, noise. [/b][/quote]
Somebody once invented an excellent word for rap.

Niggerschlager.

Also, another genre that pisses me off.
Hardcore.
It's not even music anymore.
It's just a gigantic dick-wagging-more-hardcore-than-thou staring contest to see which of them can be assaulted with BPM=1000 on their drum computers and not flinch.

It disgusts me.