Spekkio

Banned
Do you have to have headphones?
I don't have any.
Unfortunately.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:11 PM
Put your speakers directly onto your ears.
Hahahaha!
This should be problematic.

Edit: what the hell?
How'd they do that?!

Edit2: Well, It says on the site, but I'm still confused, I know it's pretty god damn cool though.

Could this be a serious contender to surround sound?
(I've never heard a song or film on both surround and 2d sound)

KidneyKai

I like the way it makes you feel that someone is going around you.
Do you have any links to any orchestral music, Le Món?

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by KidneyKai@Mar 10 2004, 10:16 PM
I like the way it makes you feel that someone is going around you.
Do you have any links to any orchestral music, Le Món?
Check the site, it has some samples.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Spekkio@Mar 10 2004, 10:12 PM
Probably not. Only works with headphones (otherwise there is feedback) and has been around for over 100 years (honestly! They first did it down dual telephone lines) now without people getting too excited about it.

http://www.noogenesis.com/binaural/binaural.html - a better page, full of samples.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon+Mar 10 2004, 10:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lemon @ Mar 10 2004, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spekkio@Mar 10 2004, 10:12 PM
Probably not. Only works with headphones (otherwise there is feedback) and has been around for over 100 years (honestly! They first did it down dual telephone lines) now without people getting too excited about it. [/b][/quote]
I read it on the site you posted.

So this is essentially like the cheap man's dolby, or a solution if you want surround sound on the XViD you just got, but can't pump your speakers.

Assuming ofcourse the XViD's audio supports it.

Edit: I'll try and get some headphones, they ship with my copy of unreal 2004.
I don't want to look like a moron with my head bent to the tabletop and two speakers on each side.

Hehehehe.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:27 PM
No, it's nothing like Dolby.
I'm not a sound guru of any sorts, I'll just take your word for it.

J

Jet Set Willy

It's just a way of fooling your ears that sounds originating from only two places are coming from an arbitary direction. It only works on headphones so it's not really a replacement for anything.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:30 PM
It's just a way of fooling your ears that sounds originating from only two places are coming from an arbitary direction. It only works on headphones so it's not really a replacement for anything.
Right.
It's still pretty nifty though.

Question though, it only works with head phones, but on the website it says it was used in an Opera a long time ago.
How did they 'fool' the people at that time?

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:35 PM
the first experiments took place in 1881 on the stage of the Paris Opera using double telephone lines to subscribers!
*cough*
That was poor reading.
I blame the time of day!

bison328

B) Sounds great, though kind of nonsense...