Question about ASPI on XP64bit and Saturn

wookieman

Ok, I just downloaded the Sega Saturn Emulator, Satourne Ver 1.1P. It asked me to install ASPI stuff, it was a .dll, forget the exact name, but anyway I did that. I went to choose a CD Plugin and it gave me: Error Initializing ASPI. I'm running XP64. Do I need different sets of files or what should I do?

hagbard

Most probably you won't go much further with Satourne, but you can still update to the new CD block plugin. And about ASPI, check this thread

The best Saturn emulator is SSF, but needs a very fast CPU with SSE2 (P4 or Athlon 64 at least). Otherwise you can try GiriGiri or Cassini, but the first is warez and the second a crappy hacked GiriGiri, so please don't ask where to get them here

Last edited:

wookieman

Also I forgot to ask, how do I burn the saturn CD's from the zip files i get from a website? Like I have one of a game and its zipped with about 14 .mpgs, which aren't real mpgs or something, a cue and ISO that is zipped.

wookieman

And just tried to install the forceASPI, since its a 64 edition xp, it wont install something about intel x86 and it not being compatible. I dont know a damn thing about the 64 edition yet so I dont know what all that means.

hagbard

You're right, so I guess you've to use IOCTL or another ASPI working on x64 OS

Last edited:

hagbard

More or less it's a kind of ASPI included in Windows, and might work if ASPI doesn't and the program supports it. I don't know if Satourne is supposed to work on XP 64 bits version if you ask me, because it was released way before that Operating System

Last edited:

hagbard

No problem. You can always try SSF, should work on X64 systems