using Arcade and N64 Emulators on soft-modded xbox

sikntwzd

Okay, so i am not completely NOOB on this subject. However, i have a few questions i hope some of you gurus can help with. I have a soft-mod xbox running Unleash -X, have a few emulators (i.e FCE, Neogenesis and xSnes9x) and they work great. My problem is Surreal64, makes games very slow (FPS),. Is there any way to fix this through settings and whatnot? Also, which is the best Arcade emulator to use for games like MK, MK2, Tekken3-5? Been messing around with Mameox128 plus, i believe and they act like they are skipping or something? Can this be helped or do i have to physically beef up my processor? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

sikntwzd

ok, so maybe all of you are sleeping right now or something, but the questions remain. I have played around with the Mameoxplus and had success a few times. However, when trying to play Alien vs Predator, it said a number of .bin files were missing and would not load. Is there a better emulator for Xbox for running certain roms. I have seen others recommend kawas or something to that effect. will this emulator work on Xbox or is it PC only? Need help!!!

p.s. is it possible to play a gun-based game such as CarnEvil on xbox using a regular controller or should i invest in a light gun periph?

please help

hagbard

First of all please don't double post, use the edit button if possible

About th arcade game you mentioned, I think the Xbox & MAME is not fast enough for 3D stuff like Tekken, even a PC would need a fast emulator like Zinc

For more info about Xbox emulators, take a look here:

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/onthebox.html

sikntwzd

ok, that did not help at all. I figured out Tekken must be used with a psx emulator. So, what about running kawa-x as opposed to Mameox128plus. I have read through a lot of previous posts where this emulator is suggessted, however I spent 3 hours trying to find a download for it!!!! Any insight would be helpful.

hagbard

Since you ask for an arcade emulator, MAME emulates Tekken 1-3 original arcade version. Obviously you couldn't check my link, so you missed this.

Do you really want help? Try to be polite and you'll get it, and forget bashing threads.

Last edited: