Help Please Cant Find An Emulator

Migz

Hello

I hope someone will be able to help me, I have recently brought an old game for the pc, I was hoping XP would run it, but alas no it wont.
The Game is Pyst (The MYST Parody). On the read me file in the game it states that it needs windows 3.1 or 95 to run, no I no longer have these old versions of windows but would love to play this game. Is there a patch anyone knows of for this game, or am I able to get an emulator for XP so I can play this game through it.
I would be so greatful for any help anyone can give, thanks very much.

Migz:eek:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Have you tried this:

untitled3qd1.jpg

Mouse 2 on the .exe,Properties/Compatibility and check the box shown in pic.

Migz

Hi, Thanks very much for your sugestion, however it still isn't convinced, it does try to work now but shuts itself down on XP.
I think I am either going to have to try and pick up a cheap old pc that has win95, or I am just going to have to go without playing this game.
Many Thanks for your help it was much appriciated :thumb_up:

TTFN Migz

montpics

Or perhaps or dualboot by making two OS'es in one PC just like me with 5. (if above suggestion won't solve your problem) ;)

Zach

Don't give out stupid advice, especially if you don't know what you're saying.

'Linux' cannot just "handle some Windows 3.1" programs. It needs a special program suite called Wine, and even then compatability is not guaranteed. It can also be technically daunting JUST to setup Linux, let alone get Wine configured correctly. First time users of Linux alone would have major headaches trying to figure most of that stuff out, no matter what distro they used.

Kromsligo

forgive me for thinking the man had half a brain and could look up well documented linux programs and see for himself if he wanted to try that idea i have what you could call very limited experiance with linux but ive managed to get some windows 3.11 and dos programs working im sure with a bit of patience and some reading a trained ape could figure how to set up linux and run wine

you may be a moderator but you could be a bit more helpfull and maybe post advice or try to direct him to the right place

ban my account warn me or report me do what ever you want but dont put down a idea cause you dont like it

Zach

You want advice? Try using periods. The little black dots at the end of a sentence, you know those little black dots right?

I didn't put down the idea - I put down your advice. Don't you dare come on here chastising me about giving helpful advice and a little detailed instruction, when you couldn't be bothered to do it in the first place.

Simply telling someone "omg dude linux can run sum windoze 3.1" doesn't help anyone. You might want to look at yourself before you go calling other people out.

If you knew anything about this place, you'd know most of the people who come through here are normal users who lack any kind of understanding and problem solving skills of the nature it would take for them to get Linux working properly on most systems.

You attitude already speaks loads for you however, if you want to get people to mess up their machines on some foolhardy quest to install linux based on a couple of loose words that formed a sentence, don't do it on my time. You can walk away from THAT problem anytime you want, while those of us here, or at some other PC forum are left picking of the pieces from your advice.

By all means, if you are looking for a ban, keep up the confrontational attitude without standing behind your own words.

Migz: I am sorry about going off topic in your thread, but if you are interested in learning more about Linux & Wine, and what kind of steps you will have to take to prepare your system, let us know and we will be happy to direct you to a more appropriate forum with experienced Linux users & some web site articles.

I would go with getting a cheaper, old PC, like you mentioned earlier however. Not only will you be able to reliably play this old game, but many other older games as well. All without having to worry about emulation software, and bugs, and some games maybe not even working or running at full speed

Last edited:

TheCreator

Double booting is probably the best option. My PC has Windows 98 and XP, 98 to play Lego Creator ATM, nothing else needs it. Getting an old PC isn't so bad an idea, just physically of course it takes more room, unless you have a dedicated Pyst gaming PC (and for other old games in the future), in case your PC is too fast.

And aslo, I never knew full stops are called periods in the US (Im from the UK), which may explain why they say it at the end of an exclamtion sometimes. And I'm absolutely not saying it's incorrect to say, but I've always wondered what it meant :)