Need I to mod-chip my xbox to play N64 games?

Tullmann1

Hi!
This is a stupid beginner question from me...
Do I need to mod-chip my xbox to play N64 roms/games?
I have always wanted to do it, because that I have the hole collection of N64 roms :)

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Tullmann1 said:
Hei du!
I has looked on it.
I shall think on it :)
(MY english is so bad :eek: )

Why think.
Just mod it™.

FM2050

If you're just going to play N64 roms, i would rather suggest you to get project 64 for your computer and buy an Xbox 360 gamepad, because it works with windows pc's too.... I bought mine on saturday and it works great with Project 64, on for example super mario 64 and Zelda - A link to the past on snes9x :D

hagbard

Correct me if I'm mistaken but AFAIK only one kind of Xb360 pads are compatible with PCs, and so are labeled, I mean not every pad works directly

Styrofoam

Old Fart
... and for all your emulation related N64 gaming, you should really get an adapter (dirt cheap) and a real N64 controller. Enhances the experience by miles ;)

FM2050

hagbard said:
Correct me if I'm mistaken but AFAIK only one kind of Xb360 pads are compatible with PCs, and so are labeled, I mean not every pad works directly

No, theres one in the red package, and one in the green... I bought the green because its cheapest.. It's the same gamepad, but with the red one the needed drivers are included, but I just connected to the internet and the drivers downloaded automatically.. So no need to pay 5 dollars extra.. or 100 NOK in Norway...;)

hagbard

Nice info, thanks mate :)