Your first video game

slbrown

Ahhhh it feels like it was yesterday. I was given the Nintendo System when it first came out. it came with Mario Brothers. I could only think "what an awesome invention". I miss shooting those ducks. Why don't new systems come with a gun to shoot flying duck? :angry:

J

Jet Set Willy

I couldn't possibly answer that, unfortunately. I was so young. It was possibly one of the games which came bundled with my sister's Spectrum +3, which would be:

N.O.MA.D, Mailstrom, Gift from the Gods, Supertest I, Supertest II and Cosmic Wartoad. I doubt any of you know those games, they're pretty way off out there.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Pitfall for Atari 2600. Either that or Food fight. I can't remeber. The first game I owned was Super MArio Brothers for NES and the second was Zelda.

Danny

I remember I used to have an Atari. I had a game where you were a
rambo type man and you ran up the screen while other people shot at you.
I had other games, but that is the one I remember the most.

I got a MegaDrive after that which I remember a lot more clearly.

belmont

The first games I played were Pac-Man and R-TUPE in the arcades.
The first console game I played was Sonic 1 on the Game Gear.

Mourgos

The first games I played were the ones that came along with my Atari console,but I don't remember any names.The first game I bought was sonic chaos for game gear.I still remember every stage in it.A great game.Boy ,we are ancient after all.

El Fugitivo

I know I played Mario and Zelda on my best friend and neighbor's NES when I was 4 and 5 years old. I also have memories of playing Pitfall on my uncle's Atari 2600, though I can't remember when that was. Definitely before he got his Super, because after that the only games I played when visiting him were A Link To The Past and Secret Of Mana.

onewecallgod

wow...i feel so young compared to you guys... the first video game i played really was tetris on windows 3.1, but that doesnt count so the first real game i played was papper boy on my friends SNES. the first real video game i owned was the original prince of persia. i rarely played it cuz it scared the shit out of me

J

Jet Set Willy

I can see how you might be scared of it (the original versions anyway, not the prettified SNES version). I recently completed the DOS version. Great game, irritating final level.

Motoko

Heh yeh the original DOS version I use to play a lot in my younger days. I also remember playing on a Atari but god knows what game it was.

J

Jet Set Willy

I never actually had an Atari. I have a Colecovision, which is practically the same hardware (you could play Atari games on it with an adaptor).

Spekkio

Banned
I thínk my first game was on a NES.
Not sure anymore.
I remember frantically playing duck hunt in my friends shed though.

caleb

Originally posted by onewecallgod@Mar 1 2004, 11:31 PM
wow...i feel so young compared to you guys...
heh, im 14
the first game i ever played was alex kidd in miracle world on sms, maybe thats why i think its the best game ever. it brings bak good memories of paper, scissor,rock against scissorhead and the other bad guys at the end of the level, i still remember the music
yeah well thats what was out when i was 3 or 4

DanielW

a bit off topic, but my mom's friend's kids had a commodore 64 and i remember playing this circus game, where you had to jump into barrels, and throw knives at the balloons, and other circus activities. does anyone remember the name of that game or have any screenshots, that would be cool.

Satoshi

I can't remember that far back o_O, i was only like 2 or 3 years old. But i think it was one of those privated consoles with 50 different games on it. Either that, or it was a NES with mario brothers.

G

Gigashock

i remember that my first pc game was paratrooper where you had a little cannon in the bottom of the screen and you had to shoot the planes.
my first console, since they didn't release the NES nor the SNES in
Europe (I'm portuguese) was a sega master system II which brought in the bios the sonic the hedgehog game. Ahhh those were the times...