• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

FCE Ultra LIVES!!!!!!!!

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
News
19 March 2006

Alright, we've uploaded some files--please see the download page. Who are "we," you ask? Anthony Giorgio and Mark Doliner. We're two guys who like FCE Ultra and didn't want to see the project disappear.

What happens now? Well I'm not sure either of us has very much free time to spend working on things, so if you're interested in working on the source, by all means drop us a line. We have checked the 0.98.13-pre source code into SourceForge's Subversion server at https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fceultra/fceultra. Feel free to grab a copy and start hacking.

If you're not much of a coder you could always work on documentation, or improve the web page (which is checked into Subversion at https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fceultra/web).

I can't speak for Anthony, but here are some things I would work on if I had the time:

* Configuration file written as plain-text instead of binary
* Better joystick configuration (currently with my Logitech controller I think I'm forced to use the joystick rather than the joypad)
* Play sound in Linux using ALSA instead of OSS (this isn't already possible when compiled with SDL, is it?)
* Slighty better command line interface (a -h/--help switch)

18 March 2006

The FCE Ultra project has been taken over! Our current goal is only to preserve the state of the project as it was left by the author, Xodnizel. But we'd love to get development going again, too. We'll post more information soon.

I also found FCE ULTRA 98.15 !!!!

http://fceultra.sourceforge.net/download.php

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Good news cibomatto2002.
FCE ULTRA 98.15 download is starting... :D
My fav NES emu.

hagbard

I'm not sure if it's something like a semi official version as much, but good to hear anyway

Last edited:

Jale

NNNesterJ is what I'm currently using because of its network feature, but it's not compatible with every ROM out there, so I use FCEU instead. Good to know it's not dead :)

hagbard

Just by the case I want to clarify what actually is FCEUltra 0.98.15
File Release Notes and Changelog

Release Name: 0.98.15

Notes: Latest code found on the net.
Still good, but no new work has been done yet, although some other sites post the objectives of this new dev team as 0.98.15 change log :confused: I wish the new dev team the best of luck anyway

Edit: Don't forget to check the unnofficial build named FCEUltra Win32 mappers modified, based on 0.98.13 source.

Last edited: