Best games on snes

Air5555

I recently got a snes emulator the zsnes and was wondering what the best snes games are. i used to play snes when i was little but i dont remmeber all the good games so what games kick ass thanks

J

Jet Set Willy

Zelda: A Link to the Past is one of the best games on any platform ever.
Super Mario All Stars is good.
Yoshi's Island is great.

Nick

A Link to the Past is something I dearly love. Chrono Trigger also brings excellent memouries, as does Yoshi's Island. A few Donkey Kong games, and a large number of titles I've somehow forgotten offhand, were my favourites.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yes, all of those are also excellent :)

Mario Kart is fun if you can find somebody to play against.
I quite like the original Addams Family game, but that's just me.
Puyo Puyo is a good puzzler.
FF6 is of course excellent.

belmont

My favourite SNES games:
FF6 (the best SNES RPG)
Super Castlevania :)
Castlevania Dracula X :its_cool:
Super R-TUPE (the BEST shoot-em-up of all time)

El Fugitivo

As far as platformers go, Aladdin has always been a personal favorite, along with Super Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World.

If you like RPGs, I'd say The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger, Secret Of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, and FF6 are the best games available, and Harvest Moon is also a pretty popular RPG/sim/strategy game.

The F-Zero games are fun racing games along about the same lines as Mario Kart (which is also great).

I enjoy playing Goof Troop from time to time. It's kind of a more puzzle-oriented version of A Link To The Past.

KidneyKai

Contra 3
Super Mario Kart
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (forgot subtitle).
Final Fight 3
MegaMan X
The Mask
F - Zero
All Castlevania's
Mario Allstars (and Super Mario World)

Thats all I can think of right now...

Mourgos

Had Mortal Kombat Ultimate been released for snes?I had it on Mega Drive and it was great.And ofcourse the other guys suggested you the best of the best for snes so there isn't much more I can say.Oh ,I also liked Batman Forever.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah, MK was released on the SNES after Nintendo butchered it so kids would buy it. I never liked the console versions.

onewecallgod

my favorite game of all time was Chrono Trigger (SNES)...the best game ive ever played to this day. i also enjoyed Mario RPG, F-Zero 1 and 2 and Final Fight (any of them)

KidneyKai

Bah, i forgot the nameof the first ever game i played on snes.
Super Pugsy?
Super Putty?

It had a blue ball with eyes as the main character who could morph to attack, and thingy. Pretty Cartoony, it was great. I iwish i could remember the name :(

taiga

No SNES experience can be complete without Chono Trigger. If you haven't played it yet, do so as soon as possible.

I also suggest Star Ocean, recently tranlated by Dejap. If you have the patience to figure out how to get it all working, you'll find that it is well worth the time.

caleb

samurai showdown was good but its better on the genesis,super international cricket is catchy but thats if your into cricket, capcom soccer shootout is a good soccer game, even has indoor :)

bison328

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 1 2004, 03:48 AM
Yes, all of those are also excellent :)

Mario Kart is fun if you can find somebody to play against.
I quite like the original Addams Family game, but that's just me.
Puyo Puyo is a good puzzler.
FF6 is of course excellent.
Ya, I have played all of them, for sure.
Forai no siren is also good for challenging yourself
if you love advanture, also, FF6 is also the best game
in SNes since 6 years I have played it :) :D

Jale

Try these ones:

- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- Super Mario All-Stars + Mario World (Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3, Lost Levels, Mario World).
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
- Final Fantasy III.
- Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3.