PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Play?

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 21:13
Hey, it goes like this, select the instrument you play, whether it be guitar drums or bass, i dont want all the useless details about oh i play acoustic not electric and crap, also i dont care about any other instruments, just these 3. tell me about some of the cool songs u can play, ones u are really proud of, things like that

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 21:14
OH YEAH, BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY THREE INSTRUMENTS IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. Tit.

I play one of those instruments, but I'm not telling you.

slbrown
February 29th, 2004, 21:18
and of course if your typing in a forum you must have been in the band squad. one time at band camp...

Nick
February 29th, 2004, 21:22
You don't care about any other instruments, or the details, just something generalized regarding those three? Piss off...

MONKEY_NUTS
February 29th, 2004, 21:23
I play your ass, bitch.

onewecallgod
February 29th, 2004, 22:04
isnt the bass a type of guitar?

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 22:11
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees .

Nick
February 29th, 2004, 22:11
Yes, it is.

MONKEY_NUTS
February 29th, 2004, 22:12
its a stringed instrument, so yeah pratically...Ohwell i doubt he will post here again. :rolleyes:

Nick
February 29th, 2004, 22:17
Originally posted by MONKEY_NUTS@Feb 29 2004, 10:12 PM
its a stringed instrument, so yeah pratically...
If an instrument has strings... that doesn't always make it a type of guitar :lol:

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 22:18
This thread makes me want to die!

Codeine
February 29th, 2004, 22:22
HENCE: BASS GUITAR.

But, that doesn't mean they're the same at all.

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 22:25
For people who go through life with their eyes closed: A bass guitar is a big guitar with only four strings (rather than the usual 6), tuned very low. It's generally what makes the low, slow notes in a song which compliment the chords and carries the song along, even when you don't actively notice it.

Zach
February 29th, 2004, 22:40
I play all 3 and more.

Because I have fucking synth software with professional quality sound samples.

I don't need skill. I just write notes down on electronic paper

BIIIIAAAAAATTTTCCCCCHHHH

Mourgos
February 29th, 2004, 22:58
Hey people,it's just his first post,give him a break.Alright the poll looks ridiculous but he deserves a second chance before you flame him to death.Besides,that will make Lefteris start talking about THE RULES again,and frankly I'm bored of that.

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 22:58
Synths have nothing to do with samples, really. Wavetable synthesis is a stupid term, nothing is synthesized.

And don't pretend that you can create music indistuingishable from the actual instruments. You can't.

I'm not knocking synths, I'm just being realistic here.

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:08
Originally posted by MONKEY_NUTS@Feb 29 2004, 09:12 PM
its a stringed instrument, so yeah pratically...Ohwell i doubt he will post here again. :rolleyes:

you lose! i just did!

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:10
Originally posted by Lemon@Feb 29 2004, 09:25 PM
For people who go through life with their eyes closed: A bass guitar is a big guitar with only four strings (rather than the usual 6), tuned very low. It's generally what makes the low, slow notes in a song which compliment the chords and carries the song along, even when you don't actively notice it.
homo.

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 23:10
I picture you as the token floppy haired ankle biting kid with no talent, trying to get his shitty little fingers into everybody else's pies.

Homo! I'd better give up, I can't compete with you.

Mourgos
February 29th, 2004, 23:13
Alright, a newbie clever enough to start quarelling in his first thread.Does this look suspicious or what.

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 23:14
He's not new, he's shfits. Hence the fucking stupid poll, as usual.

DUH... WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE?

ROCK
METAL
ROCK
INDIE
PUNK
ROCK
DUH UDHUDHDUHD

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:16
actually ive been here before, u stupid cunt, now plz u dont need to try to be clever with ur sarcastic insults, ur just making urself look like the moron, for that now i will make the sarcastic insult....hmmmm i lose, plz no more hurting me

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:17
I LOSE !!!!!!!!!!!! NO PLZ!

Zach
February 29th, 2004, 23:24
You'd think after rummaging through mommies purse you coud come up with a more creative name

Mourgos
February 29th, 2004, 23:25
New poll:How fast do you think this loser is gonna be banned?

I say around 2 hours.

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:26
and u consider Neco to be any better?.......heh, thats funny

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:28
Originally posted by Mourgos@Feb 29 2004, 10:25 PM
New poll:How fast do you think this loser is gonna be banned?

I say around 2 hours.
bring it on assbites, your the ones being assholes, i made a simple innocent topic and now u all analyzed it to death and start acting like cunts, well fine, go ahead and ban me, this is all i have to say to that ......MEH!

Mourgos
February 29th, 2004, 23:29
Neco didn't start insulting everybody in this forum in his first 8 posts.

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:32
the only reason im insulting other ppl is because they are insulting me...well at least they are trying too, anyways, i dont think its really fair that i would be the one to be banned, when all i did was make a simple topic, then everyone starts acting like fucking morons, but like i said before, idont care if im banned so meh

slbrown
February 29th, 2004, 23:38
yeah i got to go with mourgos. cut the guy a break. the only reason i said what i did was because i didn't know there was going to be much more to follow. and i can't say i've made te best polls,, um what island are you one?

lol

Mourgos
February 29th, 2004, 23:43
funny how barely anyone replyed to this topic....dumb assholes, they wouldnt know a good band if it bit them in the ass.....

There is an old man in town playing whistle. He is busking. He is good. He has the same whistle as me. I give him my change. I like the old man in the town who plays the whistle, he is a good man.

wow, u really make intelligent topics dont u

I guess you were insulted there as well ,huh?Especially when you called us all dumb assholes because we didn't know a band you like.You have no defence.Some were a bit hostile towards your poll at first,but didn't insult directly you .You on the other hand decided to insult us all.Nice going.

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 23:44
Da Douche doesn't deserve a break. He needs to have his spirit broken down so that he won't attempt to try and be clever in the future. He's a pretentious teeny upstart who wouldn't know talent if it fucked him in the mouth. He clearly has no knowledge about any of the topics he attempts to start, and seems to think that if you don't reply to a thread about Slint that your musical opinions aren't worthy in comparison to the ones developed in his 3 instrument, 2 genre mind.

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:44
im of one island :P

Da Douche
February 29th, 2004, 23:47
Laughs harder then ever* this is so amuing, keep it up guys, ur killing me

btw, im aware that i spelled amusing with a "z" i just thot i would clear this up before u started freaking out and say things like !!!!!!OMG OMG he spelled it with a "z" now to make fun of him!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mourgos
February 29th, 2004, 23:51
Look man,he is wrong,but if you speak at him that way your point won't be seen.Let him continue with his attitude an he will be banned for sure.BTW we have more moderators than regular members and noone deletes this thread.Where is Lefteris when you need him.

And Da Douche,if you want to fit this forum your attitude has to change.

Edit:YOu clever boy,you forgot the "z".You can't even be sarcastic right...

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 23:52
It's easy enough to reply with "LOL OMG YOUR SO LAME" all the time, but we all know (including you) that you're just a silly, inconsequential kid way out of his league.

You need to do one of the following things:
Find a quote of you actually making a valid argument and proving something wrong, and use it to show that you're not a useless fucking brat.
Fuck off before you're made to look stupider yet.
Let the things people are telling you sink in, feel bad about yourself, and die.

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 23:54
Originally posted by Mourgos@Feb 29 2004, 10:51 PM
Look man,he is wrong,but if you speak at him that way your point won't be seen.Let him continue with his attitude an he will be banned for sure.BTW we have more moderators than regular members and noone deletes this thread.Where is Lefteris when you need him.
What way? You mean with actual reasons and arguments instead of fucking around like most people and not actually saying anything in an entire paragraph? No.

It doesn't take Lefteris to delete a thread you know.

slbrown
February 29th, 2004, 23:56
Originally posted by Lemon@Feb 29 2004, 05:52 PM
It's easy enough to reply with "LOL OMG YOUR SO LAME" all the time, but we all know (including you) that you're just a silly, inconsequential kid way out of his league.

You need to do one of the following things: Find a quote of you actually making a valid argument and proving something wrong, and use it to show that you're not a useless fucking brat.
Fuck off before you're made to look stupider yet.
Let the things people are telling you sink in, feel bad about yourself, and die.

waz you don't have to hold anything back. let him know what you really think. :P

btw that was a joke waz, lightin' up.

Mourgos
February 29th, 2004, 23:56
(Mourgos @ Feb 29 2004, 10:51 PM)

What way? You mean with actual reasons and arguments instead of fucking around like most people and not actually saying anything in an entire paragraph? No.

It doesn't take Lefteris to delete a thread you know.

He's a pretentious teeny upstart who wouldn't know talent if it fucked him in the mouth.

That way.

Jet Set Willy
February 29th, 2004, 23:59
It might have been mean, but at least it said something. If it upsets him along the way - good. He needs denting a little. I'd rather get a message across and make a point instead of sounding like I've had a lobotomy, Mourgos.

Nick
March 1st, 2004, 00:09
Oh no, where has he gone?

Jet Set Willy
March 1st, 2004, 00:13
If you banned him, then THANK YOU.

I know I get carried away, but it's only because I know that these useless fucking people who have their egos fed constantly are the absolute scourge of the Earth. If these scummers were prevented from living and breeding, everybody else would live in a nice, non-overpopulated bliss.

Sometimes I feel like starting a Nazi-esque army of evil which focuses on fuckers, rather than black people and jews.

Nick
March 1st, 2004, 00:26
I disabled his posting ability for a week, but then pressed suspend indefinitely, not sure which one will work. If he comes back, can always shove him out once again. No trouble, really.

I don't blame you the least bit for it; you haven't a fault here. Anyone who isn't a dull, egocentric moron should see that such people are really a waste, both online and in life. Besides, he was asking for it. It's fine. :)

Mourgos
March 1st, 2004, 00:32
I have to say,I agree.It was fair.But you could have waited half an hour,so that my prediction on how fast he would be banned,would come true. :)

TGS
March 1st, 2004, 00:37
Jesus, just when this forum gets a little exciting you spoil all the fun. :(

Nick
March 1st, 2004, 00:50
Hmm, have I really ruined it? :(

Codeine
March 1st, 2004, 00:54
You should have done what you did at Abandoned Outpost, changed their names to funny things, and fucked with their settings :)

TGS
March 1st, 2004, 00:54
Now that's something I can relate to.

MONKEY_NUTS
March 1st, 2004, 00:57
Originally posted by Nick+Feb 29 2004, 10:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nick &#064; Feb 29 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MONKEY_NUTS@Feb 29 2004, 10:12 PM
its a stringed instrument, so yeah pratically...
If an instrument has strings... that doesn&#39;t always make it a type of guitar :lol: [/b][/quote]
I didnt say guitar, i said "stringed instrument" and put "pratically" to be vague... <_<

in other words, to talk like a douche shit.

Zach
March 1st, 2004, 04:12
God damnit

I go to clean the bathroom and then take a shower and you fuckers turn this thread into a book of epic proportions.

I need to clarify something here.

I am allowed to be a dickhead. Why ? Because I respect people on this forum when they deserve it. I don&#39;t bullshit with people, and quite frankly. I am the most important fucking being in the galaxy, next to Lemon (he is your god by the way).

Also, I stand corrected. I said synth where I meant to say "Soft Synth Workstation" as Project 5 is apparantly called.

In either case. I can&#39;t do shit with synths cause I don&#39;t have the time to learn one. So I just plug in sound-fonts, and the rather simple but effective Guitar synth I have (it really is rather good for an "emulator" type thing). Doesn&#39;t bother me that it might not replace the real thing but it comes close enough for my tastes.

In any case.

FUCK YOU WHOEVER IT WAS I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BITCHING AT

Jet Set Willy
March 1st, 2004, 04:15
I don&#39;t know who you are bitching at. Probably me.

Tingram
March 1st, 2004, 04:52
Gamecube Guitar.

Motoko
March 1st, 2004, 11:49
All i know is that lemons come from lemon trees. I did try once, but it never happened.

slbrown
March 1st, 2004, 14:31
i think motoko was one of those crazy homeless people that one day was given a computer with internet access to help him to spread his insanity. :blink:

Jay
March 1st, 2004, 16:21
Originally posted by slbrown@Mar 1 2004, 08:31 AM
i think motoko was crazy homeless people that one day was given a computer with internet access to help him to spread his insanity. :blink:
one of those? are you saying there&#39;s more than one homeless person that was one day was given a computer with internet access to help him to spread his insanity?

slbrown
March 1st, 2004, 19:34
was there ever any doubt in your mind? what do you think bill gates does with all the old computers, i thought everyone knew that.

Edea
March 2nd, 2004, 04:22
I played drums in the high school band. Lost interest though.

slbrown
March 2nd, 2004, 04:29
wow an actual responce.