A good Neo Geo Emulator?

minfingr

Hi there. I was wondering what the best neo geo emu is and where i could find it. im havin trouble finding a good, working one. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Try Mame,Kawaks and Nebula.
It's a matter of personal taste.

Kawaks and Nebula use less memory than Mame...if it makes a difference.

hagbard

...and less CPU power, but Kawaks doesn't emulate raster effects for example

minfingr

i have mame right now. i can't say which version at this exact time cause im in class! but what do i need to play neo geo arcade roms on mame? i heard you needed kawaks for mame as like a plug-in. im so confused!

i have mame and im wondering if i need any chds or plug-ins to play neo-geo mame roms on it. thanks alot.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
All you need is the neogeo.zip and the rom you wanna play.That's it.(both in the rom folder)
Good luck in class. ;)

neogeo.zip is the BIOS.

Last edited:

minfingr

Thanks!

im home now. im usin mame32 0.102

where do i find the bios neogeo.zip ? if you can't tell me thats cool ill figure it out. thanks a lot.

minfingr

nevermind. i googled and found it. thanks for the help.

i was wondering if there is another similar bios zip file that'll allow it to play street fighter 3 and other misc. capcom games. i can only get a few to play on this mame.

thank you for any help...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
i was wondering if there is another similar bios zip file that'll allow it to play street fighter 3 and other misc. capcom games. i can only get a few to play on this mame.
SF III is not emulated. (CPS 3)
Other Capcom games ? They don't need any bios files.Which ones are you trying to play ?
Mame plays thousands of games ;) I don't think you'll get bored.

Last edited: