Linking VBA

El Fugitivo

Can't do it. The VBA team (or is it just one guy?) doesn't want to add linking abilities because they think that it will hurt GBA sales to have a completely functional free alternative.

Yugi

Thank You But go to Go SOME LINK INFO begore i go.

Using the TCP transport
To use the TCP transport, use the flag -Gtcp[:portnum] where portnum is an optional port number to be used instead of 55555. VBA will wait for a GDB connection on the specified port (printed on screen). Start GDB by passing the .elf file, then connect to the emulator by using the command:
target remote <hostname>:<port number>
where hostname is the host where the emulator is running and port number is the printed port number.

El Fugitivo

Originally posted by Yugi@Feb 28 2004, 04:40 PM
Thank You But go to Go SOME LINK INFO begore i go.

Using the TCP transport
To use the TCP transport, use the flag -Gtcp[:portnum] where portnum is an optional port number to be used instead of 55555. VBA will wait for a GDB connection on the specified port (printed on screen). Start GDB by passing the .elf file, then connect to the emulator by using the command:
target remote <hostname>:<port number>
where hostname is the host where the emulator is running and port number is the printed port number.
What?

J

Jet Set Willy

I'm pretty certain that those are instructions for transmitting debug information over TCP.

Also, this topic needs moving.

Also, Yugi needs to explain what he's doing before he quotes random crap.

Also, also.

Mourgos

This forum is for "Emulators & games that run on mobile devices like the GBA, GP32, mobile phones etc..."

How does a question about VBA could possibly belong here?This clearly belongs to the Nitendo emulation forum.

And Yugi,if you're just interested in getting cards ,you could use codes.

belmont

Also, this topic needs moving.
How does a question about VBA could possibly belong here?This clearly belongs to the Nitendo emulation
Done!
And Yugi,if you're just interested in getting cards ,you could use codes.
The new Yugioh games on GBA don't have this feature :(

Forgotten will not add GBA connection on it's emulator.

Mourgos

I don't want to fight with you ,but it says :

"Emulators & games that run on mobile devices like the GBA, GP32, mobile phones etc..."

And according to my memory VisualBoy Advance runs on the PC,not on gba.
On the other hand Nintendo emulation forum is for emulators of nitendo consoles that run on the PC.I don't understand your confusion.This clearly belongs to that forum,not here.

Nick

I moved it from Forum Feedback to Nintendo Emulation yesterday; now it's here. I thought the same way Morgous said.

But really, does one slightly misplaced topic that probably fits in both forums require this much attention? :)

El Fugitivo

My mistake.

Though I'm almost certain I moved it from Forum Feedback last night, and not Nintendo Emulation. I guess we must have moved it at the same time, Nick.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
This guy wants to connect two VBA emulators(currently impossible at this point with any emulator).

This thread belongs to Nintendo emulation.

keeper

of course you can link

you only need the vba link (i have it) and each player have a different folder each one, open the the number of windows for echa player an conect the whith the optin conect (i think). also by tcp (local web) you can play ecah in his comuter:)

zeldafreak1223

Some Computer Punk