Red Alert on WinXP

nasher

I am Running WinXP Home and I just bought Red Alert but it will ONLY run on 95/98.

My question is if there is an Emulator that I can use in WinXP so that the game will think I am running win95/98 ( I will of course run the game through the Emulator. But I have been searching for a long time and I dont know what to look for.

Plz Help

NASHER

Nick

You can download and install something like VMware Virtual Station, and install " Virtual Windows 98 " and run it off that if you really would like to play it, I suppose.

Vmware

Have you tried running it in compatability mode?

onewecallgod

when i had this game, there were 2 icons to run the game. one of them was to run it in windows mode and the other was to run in dos mode. try both of them. also, try running the dos mode one in command or cmd. this sometimes works for dos games, but not always

donkeyknob

find the red alert game exe file, and right click on it. view properties. somewhere around there im pretty sure you can find which windows environment to run it under

J

Jet Set Willy

Edit: Ignore this. I was in some parallel universe where Red Alert was a DOS game.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Lemon@Feb 28 2004, 06:02 PM
Edit: Ignore this. I was in some parallel universe where Red Alert was a DOS game.
red alert was a dos game...and a windows game. it had 2 modes. the windows mode was a bit shaper :)

Duhitsmichael

I have C&C Tiberian sun, Tiberian sun Firestorm, Renegade, Red Alert 2, And Yuri's Revenge, and they all work fine on my compter and I am running WinXP.

onewecallgod

thats because tiberian sun, firestorm and all the other games you mentioned WERE DESIGNED FOR XP or 98 or 2k, not dos and 95 :rolleyes: