Just another nub....

D

derka.derka

Hello people,

I've heard people all around me talk about emulators and how they manage to get arcade games off the net such as Marvel Vs Capcom (personal favoutrite:eek: ) and was wondering on what the whole deal is about...i am more then willing to do the research to learn more about emulators and the "files" associated with them....(not sure what they are called plz bare with me) but a little push in the right direction is more then welcome if at all possible ?? and perhaps if people are more then willing to answer very stupid questions then im sure my experience will be more then pleasurable...so ultimately i was wondering if people could perhaps give me a shunt to finding out more information about emulators and the file associations for them...???

Thanks heaps guys :D

Jale

First, welcome to the forums.

Files association vary a lot depending of what emulator you're using. The common files for each emulator are:

NES: .nes.
SNES: .smc, .fig.
N64: .v64, .z64, .rom.
SEGA Genesis: .bin.
GBA: .gb, .gbc, .gba.
GameCube: .ngc.

There are more file association and more emulators to mention, but I'm lazy right now :)

PlayStation and other disc system emulators use the same disc that are played in the current hardware with the exception of Nintendo GameCube and Sega Dreamcast discs. There may be others that I don't know at the moment.

Games for disc system emulators previously mentioned can be downloaded from the Internet as .iso, .bin & .cue, .nrg and other disc image formats.

Modern consoles (PlayStation 2, GameCube and Xbox) are not emulated at a playable speed yet.

The most important thing you should know, don't ask for games here :)

Have a nice... er... day (it's nighttime here).

D

derka.derka

Thanks heaps butters thats actually was very helpful for myself, i've been just reading on the emulators and yea still got heaps to go.

Thanks again for your help :D muchly appreciated

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Welcome derka.derka !

Great intro Butters. :D

Sega Genesis roms also come with .smd extension.
And don't forget derka.derka all these are extensions for the files which are always zipped (.zip) except cd/dvd images of course.You can however use them unzipped.
I hope you enjoy EZ.

Last edited: