• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

ROMbrary

Zach

This is probably the most original thing I have seen in a long time, congrats in on an interesting project

Genome

north west south west
wow very cool. similar to what i was planning on making:(

im not really sure how to word this but, the window gui could be a little flashier, maby more professional looking.

looks great though, cant wait to dl.;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Great ! :D

rombrary

Thanks for the feddback! Really appreciated.

the window gui could be a little flashier, maby more professional looking.
True. I'll work on the eye candy a little later. Any specific suggestions? Or what makes it look unprofessional. I've seen it too much, I can't have a critical point of view anymore.

any chance of you posting the code for it?
Yeah eventually but I got to clean it up a bit. Not much comments in there and they are not even in english. Also, I made the thing with VB6 which is quite outdated, thats all we had at the time.

I'd like to know if you guys got any problems running the program. Missing DLLs or something like that? Crashes, Weird bugs, annoying things? Never tried it outside my comp and school.

Also if you have ideas for new features, be my guest!

Thanks.

hagbard

Nice work

Zach

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, as I've been doing some coding of my own lately (though of a different nature).. But I'm not really sure its something I would use in the end.. However I will give it a fair shot when I have some free time..

Don't fret over how "old" VB6 is.. It doesn't matter how you make it as long as it works properly :p

Cheetah

Man, I downloaded this yesterday, went to install it today and had to look this thread up to be sure I was getting the wiki right, and there's a new version out! :p

I've yet to load any ROMs into it to test it out, but great job. I definitely like the new toolbar.

On the note of making it look "more professional" (keeping in mind I have absolutely zero programming knowledge so this may be far more work than it would ever be worth) perhaps add a status bar at the bottom of the screen. Something to tell you what system/emulator you have selected, what version of ROMbrary you're running, what ROM you've selected, etc....Just anything that you may want a quick reference to using the program.

Here's a screenshot of the one Azureus has to offer: http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/228/untitled8zd.jpg

Also, adding cascading menus at the top - File Edit View Tools - would add a level of professionalism and familiarity I think. I don't know what you'd fit into those menus as it's a pretty simple program...Just a bit of input, hope it helps at all, and thanks for the awesome program!

rombrary

On the note of making it look "more professional" (keeping in mind I have absolutely zero programming knowledge so this may be far more work than it would ever be worth) perhaps add a status bar at the bottom of the screen. Something to tell you what system/emulator you have selected, what version of ROMbrary you're running, what ROM you've selected, etc....Just anything that you may want a quick reference to using the program.

Also, adding cascading menus at the top - File Edit View Tools - would add a level of professionalism and familiarity I think. I don't know what you'd fit into those menus as it's a pretty simple program...Just a bit of input, hope it helps at all, and thanks for the awesome program!

Done! Also added a quick link functions to automaticaly search at gamefaqs, gamerankings, replacement docs and moby games.
Fixed some bugs.

Thanks for all the feedback again.

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
nice ;) i would suggest (also having no coding skill myself) making it look more like a windows xp window. something that looks as if microsoft itself had made it. cool exe man. thanx tons:happy:

Cheetah

Ran into one error in 1.02. Under the colors dialog box thingy (I love technical terms :p) there's one called 'Active'. Just clicking around, I hit that and get an error that shuts the program down. Screenshots here and here.

The 'Active' selection doesn't show up under the Settings > Colors menu at the top of the screen, just in the box from the toolbar.

Looks nice, I like the idea of automatically checking for a new version :thumb_up:

Genome

north west south west
yeah i had a problem too. i downloaded all of the dll and ocx files (individually:glare: ) and it still comes up with an error when i try and run it. unfortunatly im not on my pc so i cant tell you exactly what it says.i didnt have any luck dropping them in their respective "dll" and "ocx" folders but when i put them in main folder with the exe it stopped asking for those files but i still get an error.

Last edited: