Monkey Island 5 rumors

Mourgos

Some rumors are spreading in the web concerning the development of a new Monkey Island game.

Check here.

As Monkey Island is by far my favourite game series,these are thrilling news.Let's just hope this is true.

Motoko

And Full Throttle 2! yay

J

Jet Set Willy

They need to stop updating Monkey Island. Should have stopped after the second one.

J

Jet Set Willy

Well it's not even confirmed, let alone out yet. But my hopes aren't high.

Name one good 3D point'n'click adventure game. There are none. Besides, polygons aren't as pretty as 2D art.

J

Jet Set Willy

I bet you haven't even played it, you're just trying to join in with a topic you don't belong in as usual.

El Fugitivo

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 1 2004, 04:51 PM

Name one good 3D point'n'click adventure game. There are none. Besides, polygons aren't as pretty as 2D art.
I thought Grim Fandango was pretty good, but I get your point. Escape From Monkey Island was not in any way great, and I don't like any of the Myst-style games that much.

Mourgos

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 2 2004, 01:51 AM

Well my favourite game was the curse of Monkey Island ,so I don't think they should have stopped at the second one.Also Monkey Island 4 is not point'n'click as it is played with the keyboard not the mouse.I agree that it's the worst of the series but still it is a great game and much better than most new adventure games.You asked for a good 3D point'n'click adv game.I liked Discworld Noir very much and Syberia was not that bad either.But I agree that polygons can never surpass 2D art in adventure games.That's about it.

P.S.Shadow of a Hedgehog,don't try to interfere a thread when you don't know what you're talking about.
P.S.2I've also seen rumors about Sam and Max 2.I don't remember where though.
P.S.3I've seen many of these rumors in some serious computer games so they're propably true.They may take some time before they are published though.

J

Jet Set Willy

Sam and Max was excellent.

I really hated Discworld Noir. Not only was it a bad example of a point'n'click game, but it was a slur on the Discworld series.

Motoko

Heh Sam and Max was great. Wish some caompany just made a 2D point n click game. Though Febel Files was kinda 3D and that was point n click, that was a great game.

Mourgos

Two relatively new 2D point'n'click adv if you like to buy:
Tony Tough and the night of the roasted moths(I give it 6,5/10)
Gilbert Goodmate and the mushroom of Phungoria(5/10)

Both try to follow the spirit of the Monkey Island series and Sam and Max.They don't succed it but they're not that bad-and I also found them too easy for my tastes.
If anyone knows any more,please post it here.I'm about to buy a game these days and I'd like any suggestions.

Mourgos

Has anyone played "Runaway"?I heard it's good.I also found a Broken Sword 3 demo and it looks really great.Febel Files?I'll search for it's official page and see.Damn that's a hard decision.

belmont

I will buy Broken Sword 3 the sooner I can because it rules!!
I still haven't decided what version I 'll buy:the PS2 or the PC one...

Mourgos

Latest news:Sam 'n Max 2 aborted.See for yourselves.Shit ,I've been waiting this game like hell.Same shit goes for Full Throttle 2.The guys at lucas arts must be insane.Games like these would have sold like crazy.

Edit:Belmont,I'd suggest the PC Version for various reasons.