Slint

Codeine

In my opinion, best band of the 90s.

Anybody here like them?

Spiderland is easily their masterpiece. I've got bits of Tweez, the first album, it's great as well.

My Recommendations:

"Washer"
"Good Morning, Captain"
"Glenn"
"Breadcrumb trail"
"Cortez The Killer" (Live Neil Young Cover)
"Rhonda"

KidneyKai

There was a 90's?!
I swear time stopped once the 80's were over! :huh:

Codeine

So you're communicating to us through a time machine? :huh:

Awesome. . .beat up Bill Gates pre-Microsoft fame, will ya pal? B)

El Fugitivo

Know anywhere that I can get an mp3 or two for free?

Just checking out their page on allmusic.com, they've got connections to a bunch of bands that I like (The Breeders, Tortoise, Zwan, Will Oldham), are listed as "similar to" or having influences on a bunch of other bands I like (Mogwai, Don Caballero, The Anniversary, A Sliver Mt. Zion), as well as artists I've been meaning to check out for a while now (Gastr Del Sol, King Kong, Chavez).

"Cortez The Killer" is a great song to begin with, and I've heard some great covers of it by other bands, too (Built To Spill, Mercury Rev).

Da Douche

Banned
funny how barely anyone replyed to this topic....dumb assholes, they wouldnt know a good band if it bit them in the ass.....

J

Jet Set Willy

What a fucking surprise, a presumptious cunt who thinks that the fact that he's discovered a few bands that have been endorsed by the indie culture makes him musically elite.

Nick

Originally posted by Da Douche@Feb 29 2004, 11:33 PM
funny how barely anyone replyed to this topic....dumb assholes, they wouldnt know a good band if it bit them in the ass.....
As if you replied with something helpful or anywhere near interesting regarding the band and your opinion of them. Don't think you could if you tried, really.

J

Jet Set Willy

He'd probably say

"slint make the music of soundz. in their songs they have all of the instruments: guitar bass and drums. i think im better then everyone when i listen to slint because pitchfork media says so"

Codeine

Slint are too cool to be endorsed by Pitchfork.

They suck off bands like Radiohead, or Pavement primarily. Who are good, but overrated.