Old school games , how to download and play them?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
May be this is a retoric question, but no it's not. I have just read at the main page of emu zone that the 4TH ISSUE of oldskoolgames is out, i was wondering where to download them , and which emulator to use for 1st issue and so on to the 4th issue,.I guess MAME but is there another emulator who can play them as good as MAME but is very simple to configure and use , i stayed 1 day and half to learn using mame,anyway i like step by step guides.

If there is anyone who can give me a step by step explanation is welcome and greatly appreciated.The question is where to download them( i tried www.oldskoolgames.com but the links were not working) and with which emulator to play them? Many thanks in advance.

Zach

re: links not working... I am just back in town from vacation and noticed this... Can anyone else confirm the script is not serving downloads ? Right now it seems to serve them, but with a very long wait time between clicking a download link and actually being presented with the save box

Guess I have to call the WTF department :my_skull:

Last edited:

Jale

Neco said:
Can anyone else confirm the script is not serving downloads ? Right now it seems to serve them, but with a very long wait time between clicking a download link and actually being presented with the save box
Yeah, I'm getting the same problem. It takes like 10-15 seconds to show the save box.

Zach

Looks like simple server under load issues, as I suspected. Can't do much about that.

January '06 has been a record breaking time for the web site. 20,000+ visitors and 18.84 gigabytes served.

montpics

Probably I was one of them try to download numerous times to grab a single file. :p

spasticman

Munchymonsta
dgemu plays sega master system games.
Really easy to use.
Load a rom, play a rom
I've tried Mame before. Didn't like it much, good games though.
Genesis plays sega mega drive games.
Also very easy.
:happy:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
And your point is ?

spasticman

Munchymonsta
old school games.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal

Zach

Holy WTF Batman this thread just keeps getting weirder
:dry:

How does this go from viewing a magazine to how to play games anyway...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Neco said:
Holy WTF Batman this thread just keeps getting weirder
:dry:

How does this go from viewing a magazine to how to play games anyway...

I thought there was more than just a .pdf on that site.

...and I still don't see the use of this thread.
No coherent questions were asked yet.

/me knew you would bite. ;)

Zach

I've retooled Issue #1 and 2 - 4 will also be retooled in the same manner as soon as I have free time.

the new version is linked from the front page of the site.