Nero (oh god why!?)

cloud4004

Hola People, I'm having a problem with Nero (or maybe it's my CD drive). When I burn an AudioCD it get's to maybe 1 or 2% then stops. I've tried the update for XP but it just seems to make it worse... Any ideas? :(

Genome

north west south west
...........wow thats ...weird. i would suggest you just use the built in burning software in windows media player10. at least that way you dont waste all of the disks. but as for nero i dunno.

Genome

north west south west
yeah thats what i hear. i still have the install disk that came with my alienware. i will give mine a shot and see if i get the same issue. (you never know it could be some retarded thing microsoft has that tries to make wmp your default burning thingy)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
cloud4004,have you tried any other burning programs ?
Are you triyng to make an Audio CD from .mp3 files ?

cloud4004

01. Yes (once you go Nero you never go back) :p .
02. I'm burning CD's from other CD's... I've had no problems with this before. Then again, I did make the switch from 2k to XP. I heard that Nero's weird with XP so I downloaded an update for it... I can't say it helped much.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I heard that Nero's weird with XP
I've got Nero 7 (on XP) and I don't have any problems at all.Older versions were good too.
Disable "On the Fly" feature,Nero will buffer the data first then burn the disc.
I guess you're making copies of audio discs from another CD/DVD drive right?
They might have a protection...

hagbard

Nero 7 have some confirmed bugs about CD Audio burning, specially making a CD from ripped music (mp3, ogg, etc)