DC Emulation

MichaelCorleone

I have Chankast and numerous DC ROMs. My question is, are they all supposed to be that choppy? I notice subtle blips in the graphics and the sounds are not very good. I have a high-end gaming computer, so that is not a problem. Will the ROMs ever be better quality than this, since Chankast is the "best DC" emulator out there? Thanks in advance.

Genome

north west south west
its likely not the roms. the problem is likely in chankast. most emulators that are "working" mean just that. they work. no one can really say how well they work though. project 64 while being my personal favorite 64 emu has its problems. im sure that chankast will get better with time. they just need to keep working at it till it gets better.

roms are pretty much perfect since they are just copies of the origional. just be patient. all good things come to those who wait....and download.:p

MichaelCorleone

Genome said:
its likely not the roms. the problem is likely in chankast. most emulators that are "working" mean just that. they work. no one can really say how well they work though. project 64 while being my personal favorite 64 emu has its problems. im sure that chankast will get better with time. they just need to keep working at it till it gets better.

roms are pretty much perfect since they are just copies of the origional. just be patient. all good things come to those who wait....and download.:p

I have the 1964 N64 emulator and it has not given me problems.

As far as DC goes, I don't want to keep all of these ROMs, only to be waiting on the emulator to be in great working condition. Is there any timetable as to the progress that we will see in Chankast? Months? Years?

GREAT Sig btw.

Genome

north west south west
not really:( one suggestion is too zip or rar the files and back them up on disks. lol or you can just buy a dc. they are pretty cheap and the games are basically free. thanx for the sig compliment. maby haggy can give you some better info than i was able too. he is pretty much the information on the forums (all of it:happy: )

MichaelCorleone

Genome said:
not really:( one suggestion is too zip or rar the files and back them up on disks. lol or you can just buy a dc. they are pretty cheap and the games are basically free. thanx for the sig compliment. maby haggy can give you some better info than i was able too. he is pretty much the information on the forums (all of it:happy: )

Well, I have a DC already (one of the first ones ever bought lol). But it is cumbersome to hook it up and play because I have ALL of my games (ROMs and PC games) on my computer. That is why I want to play DC games on my PC. As you can see by the text under my name, I am a newbie on these boards. Who is "haggy" and how can I ask him questions? I just want to know the progress of the Chankast DC emulator and whether or not upgrades are on the horizon soon. Thanks again.

hagbard

The Sega DC hardware is far more powerfull than N64. Chankast isn't able to emulate at 100% speed many games (ISOs not ROMs), no matter your PC, and some are not correctly emulated being unplayable. Anyway, it's a great emulator. About its current state, I regret to say is almost discontinued

Last edited:
I tried resident evil code veronica myself and works really great :D
only the video scenes are slow :eek:

Last edited:

MichaelCorleone

Alexander_13 said:
I tried resident evil code veronica myself and works really great :D
only the video scenes are slow :eek:

I always wanted to get this game. You want to trade? I have some DC selections. Let me know. PM me.

Genome

north west south west
hagbard said:
Chankast isn't able to emulate at 100% speed many games (ISOs not ROMs),

argggh my bad im so gay. i mean isos. isos are perfect virtual copys of the origonal
(usually):laugh:

I am a newbie on these boards. Who is "haggy" and how can I ask him questions?
dont worry if you need help post it... he will find you. (btw his full is hagbard but i prefer haggy=-P)

Last edited:

montpics

Genome said:
(btw his full is hagbard but i prefer haggy=-P)
/me slaps Genome for hagbard. :cool: :p

hagbard

Haha, no problem at all Genome :D