USB

Splize

Well ive been having problems connecting my creative zen to my computer through my usb port. Everytime I connect it to my computer it says that device is unknown (the ubs port). Now my mouse and printer run through usb aswell so im not sure what the problem seems to be. Ive updated my motherboard driver, is there anything else I can do?

Thanx in advance

onewecallgod

is it just your computer that doesnt work with it? when i have that problem with my archos, i just keep unplugging and plugging in. eventually it works.

Fable

Urban Ninja
Umm, have you tried using a different USB port? I had that trouble with a flash drive of mine. In my case, my port was just being retarded.

Splize

Wow well I got it to work...see I have 4 USB ports in the front (where I was trying to get it to work). I just tried to plug it in the ones at the back and it works all of a sudden. Thanx for the responce.

Cheetah

Splize said:
Wow well I got it to work...see I have 4 USB ports in the front (where I was trying to get it to work). I just tried to plug it in the ones at the back and it works all of a sudden. Thanx for the responce.

Hate to bring back a thread that's been dead a while, but you might try turning on your USB 2.0 support in your BIOS on bootup. Could be any of a few buttons you have to push to get into the BIOS, but if you look around you should have a choice to enable or disable USB. Don't change anything you don't know what it is for sure, but all ATX motherboards have two places to plug in USB to the board, for front USB ports or expansion on the rear, and a lot of manufacturers disable the front USB that they built into their own computer...Who knows why, but it might be worth checking.