Rayman sales question

someone

I have a question, does anyone remember the original Rayman game for the PS1 (it was 2D). Anyways, I have a question. Did the original Rayman have poor sales? I heard that Sony didn't want the game at its booth, because it was too kiddy.

The reason I am asking this question is if the let Miche Ancel create Rayman 2 even though Rayman 1 had poor sales, then there is good hope that there could be a Beyond Good and Evil 2 (I loved the first one). I just want to know if Rayman 1 had lower than expected sales.

Thanks,
Someone

KidneyKai

It wasn't bad. It was just everything in that game had been done before. And better.

Nick

The only Rayman version I've had was the Nintendo 64 version, that was quite a while ago, and I never even took it out of it's box. Played the first one somewhere sometime before that, and found it far too linear for any interest.

I miss my Nintendo :(

Nick

I needed food and clothing, and some way to pay for car insurance, maybe?

didn't quite think ahead and sold my original Game boy, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, PS2, Playstation, SNES, and a few other consoles, a ton of games, for a very profitable sum. Well, that's gone all , and I'm still short of money. Hope to " buy back ' these things sometime. I can emulate nearly all of them, but, I just miss the originals.